RE: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

  • sem
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      I've cobbled two emails together.

      > Quite possibly .. can't actually recall .. but I do recall
      > the Doctor saying in "Last of the Time Lords" that Jack
      > should not exist .. was an abomination of nature or words to
      > that effect .. and proceeded to disable Jack's ability to
      > leave Earth of that time .. It was why he tried to get away
      > when Jack leapt onto the TARDIS exterior in End of Days ...

      The Doctor didn't even know Jack was hitchhiking on the Tardis. He had no
      idea why it was veering out of control until they'd landed and he saw Jack.

      >acording to the conversations between the Tenth Doctor and Jack during
      'Uptopia' - The >Doctor KNEW he abandoned Jack alive and immortal on the
      gamestation - his explanation was >that Jack was 'wrong' and shouldn't be
      and that TARDIS would reject him

      Again, how did he know? AFAIK, they weren't even aware Jack had died,
      although the fact they high-tailed it out of there without even checking was
      a bit nasty. Sometimes DW reminds me of Red Dwarf, which often has to be
      watched with a grain of salt. There were so many inconsistencies it was
      sometimes amusing. (Still, it's tied with DW/TW for my favorite SF series -
      I even went to a convention last year and met Danny, Chris & Robert. Really
      nice guys.)

      Catzy
    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna