Re: copies of torchwood episodes

  • Ask me
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
      WOW I haven't used the Usenet binaries groups for years now. I would
      think you would still need a bit of know how on re-compiling the
      binaries files together but it isn't hard to learn but how many part
      to one file? the eps are like 300 to 600 megs plus.
      That would be some post to get all the parts to.
      one of the P2P programs I use is Shareaza it works well in finding and
      downloading the eps for me and I am not in that big of a hurry to get
      the eps my self.. I now have all of Doctor who(new shows first and
      second season) and all of Torchwood as of today. the last I got off
      bit torrent with Azureus. and under 3 hours Torrents download at
      different rates and you need to setup the download program just right
      to get the best speed.

      CC

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

      > Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a
      good
      > newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found
      alt.binaries.drwho has it
      > complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I
      had both
      > episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had
      ~3 hours
      > to go at the time. . .
      >
      > _____

      On Behalf

      "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
      > d=381/stime=1167777876/nc1=4299915/nc2=3848538/nc3=3"
      >

      > --
      > 2:58 PM
      >

      > --

    • Keith A. Glass
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
        Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check parity
        and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're ready to
        rock and roll.

        Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD images,
        I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're talking
        day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours faster than
        P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users sharing
        one file. . .

        _____

        "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@..., "Keith A.
        Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

        > Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a
        good
        > newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found
        alt.binaries.-drwho has it
        > complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I
        had both
        > episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had
        ~3 hours
        > to go at the time. . .
        >
        > _____
        >
        > From: HYPERLINK
        "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@...
        [mailto:HYPERLINK
        > I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
        > is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.
        >
        > All eps have posted as of today.
        >
        > CC
        >
        > --- In HYPERLINK
        > "mailto:torchwood%-40yahoogroups.-com"torchwood@-...,
        > "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@-> wrote:
        > >
        > > hey guys,
        > >
        > > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
        > > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
        > > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
        > >
        > > desperate! plz help!
        > >
        > > thx, mmb.
        > >
        > > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.
        > >

        > .
        > HYPERLINK

        "HYPERLINK
        "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
        "http://geo.yahoo.-com/serv?-s=97359714/-grpId=16393340/-grpspId=17050364-64
        /msgI
        > d=381/stime=-1167777876/-nc1=4299915/-nc2=3848538/-nc3=3"
        >

        > --
        > 2:58 PM
        >

        > --

        2:58 PM

      • Ask me
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
          But you have take in that HD is now pass on in Japan as well as
          Blue-ray and the next best thing is coming .. I love getting the eps
          on like and finding them in such great quality.

          I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my news reader as it has a plug in for
          binaries as does Firefox too. will have to try the binaries files and
          see how it works.

          I run most from hard drives on a network DVD burning can get pricey
          after a bit.

          CC

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

          > Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check
          parity
          > and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're
          ready to
          > rock and roll.
          >
          > Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD
          images,
          > I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're
          talking
          > day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours
          faster than
          > P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users
          sharing
          > one file. . .
          >
          > _____

          1/2/2007