2x13 "Exit Wounds" spoilers

  • Anna Hayward
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      I had a look on the BBC Torchwood site, and they've put up some new
      wallpapers under "Downloads". I don't know what they tell us about the
      episode "Exit Wounds" but it is intriging. Am I assuming we can all access
      this site?

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/sites/downloads/series2/all.shtml

      Bit of spoiler space here.

      Are we assuming the guy in the padded outfit is Gray? And if so, why is
      Captain John apparently digging a grave (or maybe a trench)? Has he dug up
      Gray, or is he about to bury someone? Jack doesn't seem too miffed at Capt.
      John in one scene - they appear to be having a conversation about his wrist
      device. Is that Jack's wrist device, or John's? I am assuming, from the
      blurb about the episode on the website, that John has been able to transport
      Jack back in time, for a "long awaited reunion". Presumably that's with
      Gray? But Gray (if that is him) looks distinctly confrontational. Arrgh, the
      guessing's doing my head in!

      All I know is that if anything happens to Ianto, I will never forgive them!

      Anna
      "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

      _____

    • Brian G. Williams
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
        Sorry to say but those of us outside the UK cannot access these pictures.
        That website is restricted to UK use only.

        Brian
        > I had a look on the BBC Torchwood site, and they've put up some new
        > wallpapers under "Downloads". I don't know what they tell us about the
        > episode "Exit Wounds" but it is intriging. Am I assuming we can all access
        > this site?
        >

        > http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/sites/downloads/series2/all.shtml
        >

        > Bit of spoiler space here.

        > Are we assuming the guy in the padded outfit is Gray? And if so, why is
        > Captain John apparently digging a grave (or maybe a trench)? Has he dug up
        > Gray, or is he about to bury someone? Jack doesn't seem too miffed at
        > Capt.
        > John in one scene - they appear to be having a conversation about his
        > wrist
        > device. Is that Jack's wrist device, or John's? I am assuming, from the
        > blurb about the episode on the website, that John has been able to
        > transport
        > Jack back in time, for a "long awaited reunion". Presumably that's with
        > Gray? But Gray (if that is him) looks distinctly confrontational. Arrgh,
        > the
        > guessing's doing my head in!
        >

        > All I know is that if anything happens to Ianto, I will never forgive
        > them!
        >
        > Anna
        > "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom
        >
        > _____

        10:13 AM
      • sem
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
          There is a back door; the "text only" menu on the top left of the BBC
          Torchwood site. Don't tell the BBC.

          http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/education/betsie/parser.pl

          Choose "downloads" and there are tons of wallpapers.

          Catzy

        • maxngerry@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
            Nothing on Exit Wounds in the text only pic list :-(

            > There is a back door; the "text only" menu on the top left of
            > the BBC
            > Torchwood site. Don't tell the BBC.
            >
            > http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/education/betsie/parser.pl
            >
            > Choose "downloads" and there are tons of wallpapers.
            >
            > Catzy

            Namaste,
            Max (Maxime@...)
            SciFi Stuff for sale on eBay:
            http://tinyurl.com/362bba

          • Anna Hayward
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
              Hi Brian,

              You said:

              >Sorry to say but those of us outside the UK cannot access these pictures.
              >That website is restricted to UK use only.

              OK Brian,

              I will describe the pictures for those of you outside Blighty:

              > http://www.bbc
              <http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/sites/downloads/series2/all.shtml>
              co.uk/torchwood/sites/downloads/series2/all.shtml

              > Bit of spoiler space here.

              Picture 1: Shows Captain John (left) digging a square hole about 3'x3'. or
              is that a grave in the making? They are in a clear, lawned area, with a wood
              in the background. (right) is a tall, dark, curly-haired man wearing a dirty
              grey padded suit (a bit like tank lagging), with belts in funny places
              (three just below the waist and two each on each leg). The man is watching
              John with his arms hanging relaxed by his side, like he's not particularly
              worried but not inclined to join in. Waiting for John to finish, perhaps?

              Picture 2: Shows Jack (left) with his hands in hand-cuffs, apparently being
              confronted with Tank-Lagging Man, who is standing almost toe-to-toe with
              him, leaning towards him and raising his, palms up, towards Jack's chest in
              a pleading or challenging way. Jack's expression is concerned, defensive
              maybe, as if he is being told something unpleasant that he doesn't really
              want to hear. (right) Capt. John is standing, albeit rather
              hunch-shouldered, as if defeated in some way. His expression is rather
              distracted, not looking directly at John and Tank-Lagging Man, but
              definitely looking unhappy about what's happening. All three men are
              standing in front of the pile of earth from the digging, but the hole is not
              visible from this angle.

              Picture 3: Shows the same scene as Picture 3, but now the men's arms are
              down and they're looking directly at each other. Their faces are inches
              apart - looks like Tank-lagging man is literally getting in Jack's face.
              Tank-Lagging Man is almost smiling, but not in a pleasant way. Jack's
              expression is of a man who is pretty devastated, or maybe bitter. It's hard
              to tell, but he definitely isn't a happy bunny and it's something
              Tank-Lagging man is saying to him. Capt. John is looking on, still not
              standing up straight, but now making direct eye-contact with the other two
              men and frowning, as if he doesn't approve of something maybe?

              Picture 4: Shows Jack and John in close-up. The are standing almost touching
              and Jack has no cuffs on. Jack is holding up John's wrist with his left
              hand. John's wristband had two red lights lit up on it. The situation
              appears cooperative. Jack's right hand is flat against his chest with the
              two middle-fingers bent towards himself, as if gesturing "Me?" There is
              blood on the neck and chest of his shirt and his eyes are directly looking
              at John's with a quizzical look. There's no animosity in his expression.
              John looks as if he's avoiding eye-contact but his body language is relaxed
              and he does not appear to be resisting Jack holding his wrist.

              Picture 5: Is a portrait of Capt. Jack looking cocky in his 18th C soldiers
              uniform. There is what looks like a bullet hole on his right hand side of
              his dirty yellow vest.

              Here are my comments on these photos again:

              > Are we assuming the guy in the padded outfit is Gray? And if so, why is
              > Captain John apparently digging a grave (or maybe a trench)? Has he dug up
              > Gray, or is he about to bury someone? Jack doesn't seem too miffed at
              > Capt.
              > John in one scene - they appear to be having a conversation about his
              > wrist
              > device. Is that Jack's wrist device, or John's? I am assuming, from the
              > blurb about the episode on the website, that John has been able to
              > transport
              > Jack back in time, for a "long awaited reunion". Presumably that's with
              > Gray? But Gray (if that is him) looks distinctly confrontational. Arrgh,
              > the
              > guessing's doing my head in!

              Anna
              "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

            • Bonnie Harris
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2008
                The first few photos in the list of wallpapers are from 'Exit Wounds'. One looks like Capt. Jack and Capt. John being friendly to each other (hmmmmm).

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
                  If anyone has downloaded these, could you maybe post them on the list site for those of us who can't get to them? Thanks. (and maybe zip them and send them to me off list??)

                  > The first few photos in the list of wallpapers are from 'Exit
                  > Wounds'. One looks like Capt. Jack and Capt. John being friendly
                  > to each other (hmmmmm).
                  >
                  > maxngerry@... wrote: Nothing on Exit Wounds
                  > in the text only pic list :-(

                  Namaste,