RE: [torchwood] questions about "from out of the rain"

  • Anna Hayward
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Brian

      Brian said "If the memories that surfaced in the episode entitled
      "Fragments" are true,
      he was told by the little girl/seer that he would meet the man he was
      looking for after the century changed twice, which explains why he finally
      agreed to join Torchwood in spite of how he seemed to feel about the callus
      nature of the women who were running it - he needed something worthwhile to
      do for the next century or so... this also dates his joining Torchwood to at

      least the late 1800's which would seem to indicate that he was an agent for
      Torchwood in the film clips shown in "From Out Of The Rain."

      Brian "

      I agree - he would have been working for Torchwood then, because he was
      working for them from 1869. However, why does he just call them "the
      organisation I was working for" and not say Torchwood? After all, surely
      they've figured out that Jack has been around a while? Maybe the truth is
      he's still not entirely "out" about his immortality issues to the whole of
      the team (forgetting perhaps that Gwen has pretty much been told, and Ianto
      "knows everything"?). Also, maybe he sees his Torchwood as a rather
      different organisation to the one he was co-opted into working for all those
      years ago?

      Anna
      "A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - from Strictly Ballroom

    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna