RE: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      At 01:21 AM 4/1/2008, sem, annotated:
      >Did the Doctor and Rose even know Jack had been brought back to
      >life? Rose didn't remember what happened while the heart/vortex was
      >in her, did she?
      >
      >Catzy

      acording to the conversations between the Tenth Doctor and Jack
      during 'Uptopia' - The Doctor KNEW he abandoned Jack alive and
      immortal on the gamestation - his explanation was that Jack was
      'wrong' and shouldn't be and that TARDIS would reject him

      personally I find that hightly unfair to Jack - he didn't chose to be
      brought back to life by Rose and the Heart of the TARDIS and to
      become an immortal - but the Doctor just decided to leave with the
      two who were responsible as if it were nothing important

      pfyre

    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna