Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

  • Ask me
    Message 1 of 170 , Jan 3, 2007
      Again sorry for sounding homophobic I just more worried we will never
      get the show on the air here due to people that just like to Judge
      show on part of there content and not the whole show in all.

      Yes I know this is an "adult Show" you could see that from the start
      but even friend I have that are homosexual feel the show hits you over
      the head with the fact Jack is gay. Ok he is Gay great but it is also
      a Sci-Fi show that dealing with a lot stuff not just one homosexual
      charter.. It will bug those that are not open to it and that is why it
      will be hard for it to air on the Sci-Fi channel I feel.

      and again I am not trying to be homophobic bigot just trying to point
      out the fact people in the US are still a bit homophobic in some ways.

      I can see it airing on BBC America and I hope it does find a channel
      to air on here in the US as well.

      CC

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Carole" <carole@...> wrote:

      > >I do not think the homosexual kissing was a good
      > > idea, that should have been left out.>
      >
      > Assuming that you are not just a homophobic bigot, then you would also
      > want all the heterosexual kissing (and overt sex) left out of the
      series
      > too, yes? In which case, you do realise you were watching Torchwood
      (ie
      > an adult show) and not The Sarah Jane Adventures? Maybe the latter is
      > more to your taste.
      >
      > This was a love story - pure and simple, and was beautifully told.
      >
      > Carole

    • Will Vigar
      Message 170 of 170 , Jan 10, 2007
        On 10/01/07, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

        > I can remember Mary being a pain in the BBC's backside, but didn't realise
        > she had a problem with Dr Who, why? what could possibly have been the
        > problem with Dr Who?
        >
        > Pat

        HEr main problem was that it was too scary and too violent for the
        target audience...which was about 7 as far as she was concerned....she
        had a particular problem with....oh hang on what was it
        called....sorry just got up and my brain really isn't
        functioning....the episode where the Tom Baker is in the MAtrix and
        being drowned at the end of an episode....she went absolutely
        ballistic at that claiming that children had to suffer for a whole
        thinking the person that they idolised was dead....

        Even seven year olds know how to play the game....I think she assumed
        that children weren't aware of what a cliff hanger was and couldn't
        comprehend that everything was eventually going to go in the Doctors
        favour....even in the 70's/80's kids were a damned sight more media
        savvy than most adults thought.....

        But she also made strange and bizarre claims about anti-christian
        content....because only jesus can die and be resurrected...claims of
        being in league with satan....unsurprisingly, The Daemons (hence my
        comment about wishing she could see Impossible Planet/Satan Pit).

        It wasn't just Who she criticised, but it was a favourite bugbear of
        hers.....she was often on programmes like BiteBaCk, Points of View and
        even 'Thats LIfe' airing her views, mostly because she pretty much
        always managed to make herself look ridiculous...she gave good telly
        ;-)

        --
        "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"