RE: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

  • Chris Elray
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2008
      Quite possibly .. can't actually recall .. but I do recall the Doctor saying in "Last of the Time Lords" that Jack should not exist .. was an abomination of nature or words to that effect .. and proceeded to disable Jack's ability to leave Earth of that time .. It was why he tried to get away when Jack leapt onto the TARDIS exterior in End of Days ...

      But of course Jack's presence at the end of time saved their bacon more than a few times .. so I am still trying to figure out why Jack gets such a raw deal .. other than if he didn't there'd be no Jack in Torchwood ... even though he loves these crazy & loveable earthlings a bit the way the Doctor does ..

      Cliff
      *don't tell me why not, tell me how can*

      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: catz@...: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:21:59 -0700Subject: RE: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack

      Did the Doctor and Rose even know Jack had been brought back to life? Rosedidn't remember what happened while the heart/vortex was in her, did she?Catzy > -----Original Message-----> From: torchwood@yahoogroups.com > [mailto:torchwood@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Elray> Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 20:55> To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [torchwood] Abandonment of Jack> > > What do the members of the group feel about Jack being > abandoned by the Doctor both initially after Rose & the Heart > of the Tardis brought him back to life

      Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
      http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT

    • donnawinky
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2008
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

        > At 08:16 PM 3/31/2008, psatinshein, annotated:

        > >I am a frequent reader, and watcher, but a reluctant writer here -
        > >guess I am more of a lurker, but I have a question about "from out
        > >of the rain". Jack mentioned that he "worked" for a group
        > >investigating the night travelers. I understand that he worked in
        > >another travelling show as "the man who couldn't die". I wonder if
        > >we know the "group" he was working for? I know that he worked with
        > >the Dr., but since I have not seen all the DW episodes, I am
        > >thinking that maybe I have missed something.
        > >
        > >Any help would be appreciated!
        > >
        > >Wolfyne
        >
        > my guess is that he's referring to Torchwood - as it would be in
        > existence at that time since the queen had already established it
        > protect the earth from alien influence and most especially the
        Doctor
        > - my vote is that the group was an early version of Torchwood One
        >
        > pfyre
        >
        > --

        If he was with Torchwood way back in the beginning wouldn't he have
        been aware of the old man in the eppy were that were send back in
        time and he met his namesake? The guy who let the monster thru the
        rift? He was torchwood.

        Donna