Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

  • Ask me
    Message 1 of 170 , Jan 3, 2007
      Sorry did mean to sound homophobic but there is homosexual stuff that
      is just there and they there is over kill.. We all know Jack is open
      to being sexual with anyone(or anything Alien or human)But after watch
      near every eps back to back it was getting boring and a bit over kill.

      I maen you could tell where things were going in eps 12 right up
      before the end...

      I have many that are homosexual some are not here anymore and I miss
      them as friends. I do not judge anyone for what they do with their
      life's I just think you can tell story like Torchwood and still not
      hit people over the head with the main charter being gay.

      There will many here in the US that will yell about the show if it was
      to ever come here but again I will not be one of them.

      Again sorry if i sounded like was anti-gay I'm just tired of getting
      hit over the head with it in some shows.

      CC

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Bolton Guy" <bolton.guy@...> wrote:

      > Would you care to justify the statement "the homosexual kissing
      should have been left out"?

      > I'm curious to know why you think that non-licentious mutual adult
      activity is inappropriate.

      > Michael
      >
      > "I do not think the homosexual kissing was a good
      > idea, that should have been left out."
      >
      > Why?
      >
      > Two men loving each other is neither new nor, (in the west outside
      red-state America) controversial. Live and let live, love and let love.

      > Michael

      Doctor
      > > Who but Torchwood would blow the doors off the censors here.
      > >
      > > I have all 13 eps now ( the last are back to back one video file.
      > >
      > > I Love the ending but need to know if there is something more
      coming?

      > > Will keep and eye out for the next season.
      > >
      > > Thank god for Bit torrent and the internet.
      > >
      > > CC
      > >

      > ******spoliers***********
      >
      > I just saw the last of the series of Torchwood. The final
      2-parter. It
      > was great, although I do not think the homosexual kissing was a good
      > idea, that should have been left out.
      >
      > However, in regards to the plot, I liked the links with the 2006
      series
      > of Doctor Who, in particular the Satan Pit. I did wonder, in the
      first
      > part, if Bilis was either the Devil or connected with him.
      >
      > The ending of the thing was good. I was wondering, in part 2, if the
      > Doctor himself would turn up to help them destroy Satan/Abaddon.
      But he
      > came at the end, well, we saw his severed hand again in the jar, and
      > then the sound of the Tardis, as the Doctor took Jack away. But
      why? I
      > presume it is because Torchwood has ended and the new Doctor Who
      series
      > is going to start later this year, and I already read somewhere that
      > Jack will be in it (so I knew that he was not going to be dead for
      > long), so maybe when the first 2007 episode of Doctor Who starts, it
      > will start with the Doctor visiting Torchwood in Cardiff and
      taking Jack
      > on board, for whatever reason. I can't wait to find out!
      >
      > David

    • Will Vigar
      Message 170 of 170 , Jan 10, 2007
        On 10/01/07, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

        > I can remember Mary being a pain in the BBC's backside, but didn't realise
        > she had a problem with Dr Who, why? what could possibly have been the
        > problem with Dr Who?
        >
        > Pat

        HEr main problem was that it was too scary and too violent for the
        target audience...which was about 7 as far as she was concerned....she
        had a particular problem with....oh hang on what was it
        called....sorry just got up and my brain really isn't
        functioning....the episode where the Tom Baker is in the MAtrix and
        being drowned at the end of an episode....she went absolutely
        ballistic at that claiming that children had to suffer for a whole
        thinking the person that they idolised was dead....

        Even seven year olds know how to play the game....I think she assumed
        that children weren't aware of what a cliff hanger was and couldn't
        comprehend that everything was eventually going to go in the Doctors
        favour....even in the 70's/80's kids were a damned sight more media
        savvy than most adults thought.....

        But she also made strange and bizarre claims about anti-christian
        content....because only jesus can die and be resurrected...claims of
        being in league with satan....unsurprisingly, The Daemons (hence my
        comment about wishing she could see Impossible Planet/Satan Pit).

        It wasn't just Who she criticised, but it was a favourite bugbear of
        hers.....she was often on programmes like BiteBaCk, Points of View and
        even 'Thats LIfe' airing her views, mostly because she pretty much
        always managed to make herself look ridiculous...she gave good telly
        ;-)

        --
        "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"