Re: Torchwood ending [spoilers]

  • Ask me
    Message 1 of 170 , Jan 2, 2007
      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, David King <learn@...> wrote:

      > ****scroll down for spoilers****
      >
      > Ask me wrote:
      > > I just got done watching the last two eps of Torchwood and I think the
      > > show is great but I not sure how it would run here in the US. The
      > > homosexuality underlining the scrips puts in a very gray area and is
      > > one of the first SciFi shows that uses this. I think the cursing can
      > > be edited out but how do you cut out 2 guys kissing? It should run on
      > > BBC America and the Sci-fi Channel is doing great with the New Doctor
      > > Who but Torchwood would blow the doors off the censors here.
      > >
      > > I have all 13 eps now ( the last are back to back one video file.
      > >
      > > I Love the ending but need to know if there is something more coming?
      > >
      > > Will keep and eye out for the next season.
      > >
      > > Thank god for Bit torrent and the internet.
      > >
      > > CC
      > >

      > ******spoliers***********
      >

      > I just saw the last of the series of Torchwood. The final 2-parter. It
      > was great, although I do not think the homosexual kissing was a good
      > idea, that should have been left out.
      >
      > However, in regards to the plot, I liked the links with the 2006 series
      > of Doctor Who, in particular the Satan Pit. I did wonder, in the first
      > part, if Bilis was either the Devil or connected with him.
      >
      > The ending of the thing was good. I was wondering, in part 2, if the
      > Doctor himself would turn up to help them destroy Satan/Abaddon. But he
      > came at the end, well, we saw his severed hand again in the jar, and
      > then the sound of the Tardis, as the Doctor took Jack away. But why? I
      > presume it is because Torchwood has ended and the new Doctor Who series
      > is going to start later this year, and I already read somewhere that
      > Jack will be in it (so I knew that he was not going to be dead for
      > long), so maybe when the first 2007 episode of Doctor Who starts, it
      > will start with the Doctor visiting Torchwood in Cardiff and taking
      Jack
      > on board, for whatever reason. I can't wait to find out!
      >
      > David

      I think the Ending is not wwhat we think it is for the show and
      Torchwood was renewed for new season and will be moving to BBC2 from
      what been able to gather from posting and other groups.

      Remember Jack does not know the doctor has changed and that Rose and
      him are no longer together. Torchwood one was lost but we have no idea
      as to what they know of the Doctor and Rose. I noted that people seem
      to be having there minds wiped as in the Doctor who X-mas show it
      seems no one seem to remember the X-mas before and the space ship that
      was blown up by Torchwood then too.

      Could there be more than Torchwood at work at keeping Alien tech to
      them selfs other than TW?

      BTW
      Anyone have the new season starting date yet for Torchwood?

      CC
    • Will Vigar
      Message 170 of 170 , Jan 10, 2007
        On 10/01/07, Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

        > I can remember Mary being a pain in the BBC's backside, but didn't realise
        > she had a problem with Dr Who, why? what could possibly have been the
        > problem with Dr Who?
        >
        > Pat

        HEr main problem was that it was too scary and too violent for the
        target audience...which was about 7 as far as she was concerned....she
        had a particular problem with....oh hang on what was it
        called....sorry just got up and my brain really isn't
        functioning....the episode where the Tom Baker is in the MAtrix and
        being drowned at the end of an episode....she went absolutely
        ballistic at that claiming that children had to suffer for a whole
        thinking the person that they idolised was dead....

        Even seven year olds know how to play the game....I think she assumed
        that children weren't aware of what a cliff hanger was and couldn't
        comprehend that everything was eventually going to go in the Doctors
        favour....even in the 70's/80's kids were a damned sight more media
        savvy than most adults thought.....

        But she also made strange and bizarre claims about anti-christian
        content....because only jesus can die and be resurrected...claims of
        being in league with satan....unsurprisingly, The Daemons (hence my
        comment about wishing she could see Impossible Planet/Satan Pit).

        It wasn't just Who she criticised, but it was a favourite bugbear of
        hers.....she was often on programmes like BiteBaCk, Points of View and
        even 'Thats LIfe' airing her views, mostly because she pretty much
        always managed to make herself look ridiculous...she gave good telly
        ;-)

        --
        "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"