Re: copies of torchwood episodes

  • Ask me
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
      I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
      is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.

      All eps have posted as of today.

      CC

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@...> wrote:

      > hey guys,
      >
      > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
      > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
      > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
      >
      > desperate! plz help!
      >
      > thx, mmb.
      >
      > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.

    • Keith A. Glass
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
        Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a good
        newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found alt.binaries.drwho has it
        complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I had both
        episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had ~3 hours
        to go at the time. . .

        _____

        I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
        is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.

        All eps have posted as of today.

        CC

        --- In HYPERLINK
        "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@...,
        "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@-...> wrote:

        > hey guys,
        >
        > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
        > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
        > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
        >
        > desperate! plz help!
        >
        > thx, mmb.
        >
        > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.

        .
        HYPERLINK
        "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
        d=381/stime=1167777876/nc1=4299915/nc2=3848538/nc3=3"

        2:58 PM

      • Ask me
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
          WOW I haven't used the Usenet binaries groups for years now. I would
          think you would still need a bit of know how on re-compiling the
          binaries files together but it isn't hard to learn but how many part
          to one file? the eps are like 300 to 600 megs plus.
          That would be some post to get all the parts to.
          one of the P2P programs I use is Shareaza it works well in finding and
          downloading the eps for me and I am not in that big of a hurry to get
          the eps my self.. I now have all of Doctor who(new shows first and
          second season) and all of Torchwood as of today. the last I got off
          bit torrent with Azureus. and under 3 hours Torrents download at
          different rates and you need to setup the download program just right
          to get the best speed.

          CC

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

          > Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a
          good
          > newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found
          alt.binaries.drwho has it
          > complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I
          had both
          > episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had
          ~3 hours
          > to go at the time. . .
          >
          > _____

          On Behalf
          > Of Ask me
          > Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:37 PM
          > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [torchwood] Re: copies of torchwood episodes
          >

          > I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
          > is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.
          >
          > All eps have posted as of today.
          >
          > CC
          >
          > --- In HYPERLINK
          > "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@...,
          > "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@> wrote:
          > >
          > > hey guys,
          > >
          > > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
          > > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
          > > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
          > >
          > > desperate! plz help!
          > >
          > > thx, mmb.
          > >
          > > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.
          > >

          > .
          > HYPERLINK

          "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
          > d=381/stime=1167777876/nc1=4299915/nc2=3848538/nc3=3"
          >

          > --
          > 2:58 PM
          >

          > --

        • Keith A. Glass
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
            Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check parity
            and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're ready to
            rock and roll.

            Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD images,
            I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're talking
            day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours faster than
            P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users sharing
            one file. . .

            _____

            "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@..., "Keith A.
            Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

            > Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a
            good
            > newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found
            alt.binaries.-drwho has it
            > complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I
            had both
            > episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had
            ~3 hours
            > to go at the time. . .
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From: HYPERLINK
            "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@...
            [mailto:HYPERLINK
            > I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
            > is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.
            >
            > All eps have posted as of today.
            >
            > CC
            >
            > --- In HYPERLINK
            > "mailto:torchwood%-40yahoogroups.-com"torchwood@-...,
            > "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@-> wrote:
            > >
            > > hey guys,
            > >
            > > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
            > > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
            > > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
            > >
            > > desperate! plz help!
            > >
            > > thx, mmb.
            > >
            > > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.
            > >

            > .
            > HYPERLINK

            "HYPERLINK
            "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
            "http://geo.yahoo.-com/serv?-s=97359714/-grpId=16393340/-grpspId=17050364-64
            /msgI
            > d=381/stime=-1167777876/-nc1=4299915/-nc2=3848538/-nc3=3"
            >

            > --
            > 2:58 PM
            >

            > --

            2:58 PM

          • Ask me
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
              But you have take in that HD is now pass on in Japan as well as
              Blue-ray and the next best thing is coming .. I love getting the eps
              on like and finding them in such great quality.

              I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my news reader as it has a plug in for
              binaries as does Firefox too. will have to try the binaries files and
              see how it works.

              I run most from hard drives on a network DVD burning can get pricey
              after a bit.

              CC

              --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

              > Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check
              parity
              > and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're
              ready to
              > rock and roll.
              >
              > Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD
              images,
              > I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're
              talking
              > day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours
              faster than
              > P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users
              sharing
              > one file. . .
              >
              > _____

              1/2/2007