Profanity on the Torchwood Group

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2008
      With the issues over file-sharing, insulting other posters, spoilers, and
      moderation, you may have noticed that I have not mentioned
      swearing/profanity.

      Personally, I do not like profanity. That is me. I try not to use it.

      Torchwood, on the other hand, is a TV show where swearing and profanity are
      part of the mix. As much a part of the scenery as the Hub and Captain Jack.

      So, "adult language" is perfectly fine. No one is going to be moderated for
      using language that you have already heard on Torchwood.

      Obviously, if somoene was to use swears/profanity/adult language to insult a
      member of the group or someone working on Torchwood, then that would fall
      under being abusive to people, which would get someone hand-moderated/banned
      depending on the circumstances. Just the same as if you used the word
      "apple" or "duckling" to be abusive to a person.

      Cheers,
      Benjamin F. Elliott