Re: copies of torchwood episodes

  • apothecary423
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2006
      I'm in California, and I just go straight to isohunt.com - I have the
      TW search saved in my favourites folder. New episodes are usually up
      by 6-7 pm our time, and it takes around a couple of hours to get them.
      You'll need to also get uTorrent. It's very simple to use. I usually
      pick the torrent that has the entire file in one big chunk, than a
      bunch of little ones, but that's your choice.
      Hope that helps.

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@...> wrote:

      > hey guys,
      >
      > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
      > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
      > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
      >
      > desperate! plz help!
      >
      > thx, mmb.
      >
      > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.

    • getjeff2006
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 20, 2006
        thx guys 4 all the great feedback. u all were totally helpful. u guys
        r the best.

        no longer desperate in chi!

        cya.
      • Ask me
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
          I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
          is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.

          All eps have posted as of today.

          CC

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@...> wrote:

          > hey guys,
          >
          > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
          > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
          > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
          >
          > desperate! plz help!
          >
          > thx, mmb.
          >
          > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.

        • Keith A. Glass
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
            Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a good
            newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found alt.binaries.drwho has it
            complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I had both
            episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had ~3 hours
            to go at the time. . .

            _____

            I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
            is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.

            All eps have posted as of today.

            CC

            --- In HYPERLINK
            "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@...,
            "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@-...> wrote:

            > hey guys,
            >
            > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
            > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
            > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
            >
            > desperate! plz help!
            >
            > thx, mmb.
            >
            > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.

            .
            HYPERLINK
            "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
            d=381/stime=1167777876/nc1=4299915/nc2=3848538/nc3=3"

            2:58 PM

          • Ask me
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
              WOW I haven't used the Usenet binaries groups for years now. I would
              think you would still need a bit of know how on re-compiling the
              binaries files together but it isn't hard to learn but how many part
              to one file? the eps are like 300 to 600 megs plus.
              That would be some post to get all the parts to.
              one of the P2P programs I use is Shareaza it works well in finding and
              downloading the eps for me and I am not in that big of a hurry to get
              the eps my self.. I now have all of Doctor who(new shows first and
              second season) and all of Torchwood as of today. the last I got off
              bit torrent with Azureus. and under 3 hours Torrents download at
              different rates and you need to setup the download program just right
              to get the best speed.

              CC

              --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

              > Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a
              good
              > newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found
              alt.binaries.drwho has it
              > complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I
              had both
              > episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had
              ~3 hours
              > to go at the time. . .
              >
              > _____

              On Behalf
              > Of Ask me
              > Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:37 PM
              > To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [torchwood] Re: copies of torchwood episodes
              >

              > I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
              > is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.
              >
              > All eps have posted as of today.
              >
              > CC
              >
              > --- In HYPERLINK
              > "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@...,
              > "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@> wrote:
              > >
              > > hey guys,
              > >
              > > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
              > > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
              > > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
              > >
              > > desperate! plz help!
              > >
              > > thx, mmb.
              > >
              > > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.
              > >

              > .
              > HYPERLINK

              "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
              > d=381/stime=1167777876/nc1=4299915/nc2=3848538/nc3=3"
              >

              > --
              > 2:58 PM
              >

              > --

            • Keith A. Glass
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
                Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check parity
                and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're ready to
                rock and roll.

                Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD images,
                I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're talking
                day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours faster than
                P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users sharing
                one file. . .

                _____

                "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@..., "Keith A.
                Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

                > Actually, if you know how to use PAR2 and RAR files, and have both a
                good
                > newsreader program and a good newsfeed, I've found
                alt.binaries.-drwho has it
                > complete in about half the time it takes to get a torrent down. I
                had both
                > episodes by midnight eastern last night via USENET, the torrent had
                ~3 hours
                > to go at the time. . .
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From: HYPERLINK
                "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@...
                [mailto:HYPERLINK
                > I'm sure by now people have said this but the best way to get the eps
                > is by bit torrent or other P2P networks.
                >
                > All eps have posted as of today.
                >
                > CC
                >
                > --- In HYPERLINK
                > "mailto:torchwood%-40yahoogroups.-com"torchwood@-...,
                > "getjeff2006" <getjeffrey@-> wrote:
                > >
                > > hey guys,
                > >
                > > i m n chicago & don't get 'torchwood'. does any1 no where i can get
                > > bootleg copies of each episode. mayb a ftp server, or some1 on ebay
                > > or ubid, or a some1 records the episodes and can email me the file.
                > >
                > > desperate! plz help!
                > >
                > > thx, mmb.
                > >
                > > p.s. or it could b by legal means 2, either way.
                > >

                > .
                > HYPERLINK

                "HYPERLINK
                "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=16393340/grpspId=1705036464/msgI
                "http://geo.yahoo.-com/serv?-s=97359714/-grpId=16393340/-grpspId=17050364-64
                /msgI
                > d=381/stime=-1167777876/-nc1=4299915/-nc2=3848538/-nc3=3"
                >

                > --
                > 2:58 PM
                >

                > --

                2:58 PM

              • Ask me
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
                  But you have take in that HD is now pass on in Japan as well as
                  Blue-ray and the next best thing is coming .. I love getting the eps
                  on like and finding them in such great quality.

                  I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my news reader as it has a plug in for
                  binaries as does Firefox too. will have to try the binaries files and
                  see how it works.

                  I run most from hard drives on a network DVD burning can get pricey
                  after a bit.

                  CC

                  --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@...> wrote:

                  > Not really. A good newsreader (I use Forte AGENT), WinPar to check
                  parity
                  > and fix corrupted files, and WinRAR to unarchive, and BOOM!, you're
                  ready to
                  > rock and roll.
                  >
                  > Between the WhoFan Doctor Who DVD images, and the SOH Torchwoord DVD
                  images,
                  > I have DVDs every bit as good as commercial, and MUCH sooner: we're
                  talking
                  > day after for an entire mastered DVD, and for videos only, hours
                  faster than
                  > P2P: BitTorrent takes a while to build up a critical mass of users
                  sharing
                  > one file. . .
                  >
                  > _____

                  1/2/2007