question on *Reset*

  • Ann Marie
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008

      Ok..so I'm away for the weekend..no problem I have a DVR....all set to tape every episode of the show..no matter the time.

      SO I come home Sunday night, turn on Torchwood and get all the way to Owen being shot and the recording stops! All three times it recorded, it stopped in the exact same place!

      So, now I have to *reset* my future recordings to three minutes after just to make sure it doesn't happen again....

      In the mean time....could someone tell me what the hell happened in the few short minutes after Owen got shot? Please!!

      Thanks in advance!
      Ann Marie

      Check out my website: http://aprilsmiles.bravehost.com

      ~~~

      Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the
      impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

    • kilmenyrose
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
        Funny thing re: the DVR/Tivo... Same thing happened to me, too. I
        changed my "Season Pass Manager" to stop after 3-4 minutes after the
        episode ended. I'd rather clip something else than miss the end.

        KR
      • Mary Gunter
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
          --- Ann Marie <aprilsmiles1@...> wrote:

          > Ok..so I'm away for the weekend..no problem I have
          > a DVR....all set to tape every episode of the
          > show..no matter the time.
          >
          > SO I come home Sunday night, turn on Torchwood and
          > get all the way to Owen being shot and the recording
          > stops! All three times it recorded, it stopped in
          > the exact same place!
          >
          > So, now I have to *reset* my future recordings to
          > three minutes after just to make sure it doesn't
          > happen again....
          >
          > In the mean time....could someone tell me what the
          > hell happened in the few short minutes after Owen
          > got shot? Please!!
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          > Ann Marie

          Martha tried to revive him but he died.
          Mary Jo

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • debra fauvor
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
            I had to reset the VCR and go for over the hour. I kinda think that they were time hogs.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
              They are on BBC America. I watch that channel on Dish Network.

              Ocean268 <ocean268@...> wrote: While I was at a friends house at Manchester, UK, Kate's Grand dad
              introduce me to Doctor Who (Empty Child).

              I was hooked.

              Back in the states, New York that is, I checked my 1500 cable stations
              and NO TORCHWOOD!!!

              Thanks to Netflix, I am watching Season 1 of Torchwood and I ordered
              Season 1 dvd. Also thanks to Youtube, I see snippets of Season 2.

              So I surmissed that the team has been together for 3 years. Only Gwen
              could get a glimpse of the real Captain Jack. This team reminds me of
              the rock group, Fleetwood Mac. They had affairs with each other.
              Male/male, female/female and male/female. Everyone claims they don't
              know anything about their boss. But does it matters? A friend of mine
              works as secretary for the same boss for 10 years. He (the boss) sent
              a flyer out to the staff that he is leaving the job the following week!
              My friend did not even know!

              My only question is why Owen! He's a bully. Why the ladies would
              entertain talking to him. Not alone going to bed with him is beyond my
              comprehension. Why not Ianto??

              My favorite episodes so far are: Everything Changes, Ghost Machine
              (Capt. Jack can teach me to shoot anytime he wants) and Captain Jack
              Harkness (beautiful romantic ep. I bet a woman wrote this ep!)

              In "Captain Jack Harkness" when The Captain asked Jack if Toshi was his
              woman, he said no. There is no one. Oh Jack, what about Ianto?
              Cyberwoman, and that too hot for prime time kiss?? Oh yes, this is
              also a favorite ep of mine.

              I downloaded most of the Youtube video to my ipod nano and watch them
              on the way to work! Oh yeah!

              Does anybody knows when Jack returns to Doctor Who was he as Jack in
              Empty Child (romantic eye candy rogue)or the mysterious Jack?

              Hi all

              Ocean

            • Paula

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
                  I had to re-record the show at midnight so I could get those last few
                  minutes. It's the second time it's happened. The first time was the Series 2
                  premiere.