Re: [torchwood] Help! Online (BBC) Viewing

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
      I imagine most responses will be in private e-mail (since public groups like ours sometimes get monitored by the BBC). Hopefully you can find the type of source you are looking for. But in the event no one can get you an adequate answer in the near future, bear in mind:

      BBC America's (slightly edited for time, language, and nudity) episodes - 2-07 "Dead Man Walking" airs Saturday 8 March.

      BBC America On Demand's (more complete - just language and nudity edited) episodes (see your digital cable company's on demand selection to see if BBC America's stuff is included - many Comcast systems have the programming) - episodes go up 2 days after airing on BBC America

      HD Net USA - the complete unedited episodes commercial free in high definition format - 2-04 "Meat" airs Monday 3 March (tonight). Requires a high definition cable or satellite package, and you are probably out of luck if you have Comcast.

      For solutions outside the USA:

      TV2 Finland - Series 2 airs Mondays at 10:50PM Eastern European Time starting 10 March (next Monday) with 2-01 "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang". I do not know if these episodes are dubbed/subtitled, but I imagine they will begin to circulate around the world too. No reports of any editing.

      This would be so much easier if broadcasters would (on shows in their second series or beyond where they know there is an international audience) air the program on the same or next day in the countries they sell it too. Eliminate the lag time so everybody can see it within a few hours on their local stations.

      Benjamin Elliott

      >From: cvgirl68 <cvgirl68@...>
      >Date: 2008/03/03 Mon PM 01:16:20 CST
      >To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [torchwood] Help! Online (BBC) Viewing

      >Hi all! I am in the states but usually watch eppy's online from the UK.
      >My regular poster of said videos was recently kicked off the usually
      >sites where these video's can be found. Is there anyone on the group
      >who can connect me with a site so that I may watch BBC eppy's online?
      >
      >Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
      >
      >you can email me at
      >
      >cvgirl68@... <mailto:cvgirl68@...>
      >
      >cvgirl
    • Susanna Sorvali
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2008
        On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Benjamin Elliott wrote:

        > TV2 Finland - Series 2 airs Mondays at 10:50PM Eastern European Time
        > starting 10 March (next Monday) with 2-01 "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang". I do
        > not know if these episodes are dubbed/subtitled, but I imagine they will
        > begin to circulate around the world too. No reports of any editing.

        Gah, dubbing is for children, we use subtitles.

        But it is quite interesting that they are showing the second season, and
        before it's even ended in the UK. They must be getting it cheaply, because
        I asked for rest of the Doctor Who seasons (they have shown only the
        first) and the answer was that DW is too expensive.

        --
        Susanna Sorvali
        -TygerC- Avaa silmäsi: tehotuotanto.net