RE: [torchwood] SPOILERS for 2x08 and S1 E1

  • Will vigar
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 3 1:31 AM
      On Sunday, March 02, 2008, at 08:40PM, "Chris Elray" <adultstuff@...> wrote:

      >I know what you mean ... it's gone longer on shock stuff and shorter on credibility ... as much as I say we have to suspend disbelief I take Will's comment that swallowing anything does not excuse a shoddy plot line. I think people love this series because it is more out there. It is more "out" on Jack's sexuality .. and Ianto's. Given the whole series history it seems EVERYONE in the cast is bisexual except Jack & Owen ... and even that is a possibility.

      ***Well, Jack is definitely Bisexual. There's a fairly comprehensive conversation about what it is to be a 51st century human in The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances which clarifies that :-) As for Owen, waaaaaay back in episode one season one, the first we see of Owen is when he's using the 'Alien pheromone spray' to entice a girl...her boyfriend starts getting violent so he uses it on him, too and the three of them go off together.....which in hindsight seems to be advocating the use of date rape drugs....hmmmm.....hadn't though of that....

      >I still say I am enjoying this series more than the last but I take the points made by Will & others and hope that the writers will make their plots hang together better ...

      ***I'd also like to say that for the most part this season has been a thousand times better than season one the only problems I've had with it have been with the stunt casting and plot light episode 1 and parts two and three of the Martha Jones sequence...

      I am sure Russ Davies has his hands full with script writing at the moment and maybe it's a reflection of the workload and production pressures ...

      ***Unlikely as he doesn't have a lot of input anymore. He handed over the script editor reins to Chris Chibnall (whom I LOATHE as a writer) and seems to be more of a figurehead than anything, these days...

      still I am sure he has feedback and will address the issues. There is a lot of mileage left in Torchwood yet ..Cliff

      ***Totally agree. Just don't let Chibnall grind it into the ground.....
    • Taylor401306@cs.com
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 7 6:53 AM
        In a message dated 03/06/2008 11:17:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
        > So a TARDIS might be called something else (possibly an acronym) in
        > the Gallifreyan language and Susan decided to come up with the
        > English equivalent on a lark.
        I reached the same conclusion, it's the most logical explanation.Also,
        perhaps Tardis was the name of the inventor ??Perhaps TORCHWOOD stands for The Only
        Really Cool Headquarters -World Organized Offworld Defenses ?? LOL