RE: [torchwood] SPOILERS for 2x08

  • Chris Elray
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 2, 2008
      I know what you mean ... it's gone longer on shock stuff and shorter on credibility ... as much as I say we have to suspend disbelief I take Will's comment that swallowing anything does not excuse a shoddy plot line. I think people love this series because it is more out there. It is more "out" on Jack's sexuality .. and Ianto's. Given the whole series history it seems EVERYONE in the cast is bisexual except Jack & Owen ... and even that is a possibility.

      I still say I am enjoying this series more than the last but I take the points made by Will & others and hope that the writers will make their plots hang together better ... I am sure Russ Davies has his hands full with script writing at the moment and maybe it's a reflection of the workload and production pressures ... still I am sure he has feedback and will address the issues. There is a lot of mileage left in Torchwood yet ..Cliff
      * Don't Tell Me Why Not .. Tell Me How Can *

      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: pattitea@...: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 22:58:48 -0500Subject: Re: [torchwood] SPOILERS for 2x08

      sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssat a party tonight I saw ep 8 ((have yet to see 7----alas) so unless this sort of contnues from 7 or leads us to some A HA moment later--though the wedding is nextdidnt think much of this episode --- and quite a few episodes this season I wont be rewatching and rewatching and retwatching--now SLEEPER was WONDERFUL-- but I see most people LOVE this series better than the 1st--I must be missing something[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 7, 2008
        In a message dated 03/06/2008 11:17:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
        > So a TARDIS might be called something else (possibly an acronym) in
        > the Gallifreyan language and Susan decided to come up with the
        > English equivalent on a lark.
        I reached the same conclusion, it's the most logical explanation.Also,
        perhaps Tardis was the name of the inventor ??Perhaps TORCHWOOD stands for The Only
        Really Cool Headquarters -World Organized Offworld Defenses ?? LOL