Re: [torchwood] Re: SPOILERS for 2x08

  • rachael thomas
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 2, 2008

      > What almost destroyed this episode for me was how
      > Gwen suddenly
      > seemed to run the team.
      > When did she become boss? Did I miss something in
      > 2x07?
      >
      > Or did Adam plant a fake memory in my brain as well?
      >
      > Pass the Retcon please. :)

      I didn't see it as Gwen suddenly is running the team.
      Gwen is second in command so is only natural that Jack
      will let her run with some investigation. Jack is
      still very much the boss in this episode. He was the
      one who took Owen's job away and later gave it back to
      him...not Gwen. I think what we saw was Gwen leading
      an investigation...that is all. Jack is the boss but
      sometimes he has to trust his second in command to get
      a job done. It would have been nice if we saw Jack and
      Gwen meeting alone about the case at the beginning of
      the episode. I feel sometime the writers just throw us
      into the action without a explanation.

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Taylor401306@cs.com
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 7, 2008
        In a message dated 03/06/2008 11:17:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
        > So a TARDIS might be called something else (possibly an acronym) in
        > the Gallifreyan language and Susan decided to come up with the
        > English equivalent on a lark.
        I reached the same conclusion, it's the most logical explanation.Also,
        perhaps Tardis was the name of the inventor ??Perhaps TORCHWOOD stands for The Only
        Really Cool Headquarters -World Organized Offworld Defenses ?? LOL