RE: [torchwood] Torchwood - Intro

  • Leon Lai
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
      Ocean-

      << Does anybody knows when Jack returns to Doctor Who was he as Jack in
      Empty Child (romantic eye candy rogue)or the mysterious Jack?>>

      Captain Jack was introduced in Doctor Who Season 1 Empy Child (Episode 9).
      He is also in episodes 10 (The Doctor Dances), 11 (Boom Town), 12 (Bad
      Wolf), and 13 (The Parting of the Ways).

      Captain Jack is NOT in the 2005 Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Christmas
      Invasion" but it sort of explains the deal with the hand in the jar.

      In terms of storyline for Captain Jack, Season 1 of Torchwood occurs. Then
      he returns to Doctor Who Season 3 for the last 3 episodes: 11 (Utopia), 12
      (The Sound of Drums), and 13 (The Last of the Time Lords). In this story
      line he is the Jack of Torchwood but a little more rambunctious.

      The storyline then segues into episode 1 of Season 2 of Torchwood.

      He is slated to appear in the last 5 episodes of season 4 of Doctor Who
      (with David Tennant as the Doctor and Catherine Tate as Donna; it has also
      been reported that Billie Piper will be returning as Rose and Frema Agyeman
      as Martha Jones - and there are rumors that Elizabeth Sladen may return as
      Sarah Jane Smith).

      Hope this helps.

      Leon.

    • Roslyn Lamb
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
        DW and TW are currently quite a hot debate topic (in a positive way, of
        course!) on Yahoo Lost Spoilers. Somebody in the US was asking for
        somewhere to download eps and apparently you can get them from a site
        called TV Torrents. Sorry I don't know the url

        I also mentioned our group here on their list (made it clear we aren't a
        spoiler group) and told them to apply to join if they're interested, so
        we may be getting some new members from there. We already have a couple
        of people who are on both groups.

        Ros

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Ocean268" <ocean268@...> wrote:

        > While I was at a friends house at Manchester, UK, Kate's Grand dad
        > introduce me to Doctor Who (Empty Child).
        >
        > I was hooked.
        >
        > Back in the states, New York that is, I checked my 1500 cable stations
        > and NO TORCHWOOD!!!
        >
        > Thanks to Netflix, I am watching Season 1 of Torchwood and I ordered
        > Season 1 dvd. Also thanks to Youtube, I see snippets of Season 2.

      • Ann Marie
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008

          Ok..so I'm away for the weekend..no problem I have a DVR....all set to tape every episode of the show..no matter the time.

          SO I come home Sunday night, turn on Torchwood and get all the way to Owen being shot and the recording stops! All three times it recorded, it stopped in the exact same place!

          So, now I have to *reset* my future recordings to three minutes after just to make sure it doesn't happen again....

          In the mean time....could someone tell me what the hell happened in the few short minutes after Owen got shot? Please!!

          Thanks in advance!
          Ann Marie

          Check out my website: http://aprilsmiles.bravehost.com

          ~~~

          Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the
          impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

        • kilmenyrose
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
            Funny thing re: the DVR/Tivo... Same thing happened to me, too. I
            changed my "Season Pass Manager" to stop after 3-4 minutes after the
            episode ended. I'd rather clip something else than miss the end.

            KR
          • Mary Gunter
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
              --- Ann Marie <aprilsmiles1@...> wrote:

              > Ok..so I'm away for the weekend..no problem I have
              > a DVR....all set to tape every episode of the
              > show..no matter the time.
              >
              > SO I come home Sunday night, turn on Torchwood and
              > get all the way to Owen being shot and the recording
              > stops! All three times it recorded, it stopped in
              > the exact same place!
              >
              > So, now I have to *reset* my future recordings to
              > three minutes after just to make sure it doesn't
              > happen again....
              >
              > In the mean time....could someone tell me what the
              > hell happened in the few short minutes after Owen
              > got shot? Please!!
              >
              > Thanks in advance!
              > Ann Marie

              Martha tried to revive him but he died.
              Mary Jo

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • debra fauvor
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
                I had to reset the VCR and go for over the hour. I kinda think that they were time hogs.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
                  They are on BBC America. I watch that channel on Dish Network.

                  Ocean268 <ocean268@...> wrote: While I was at a friends house at Manchester, UK, Kate's Grand dad
                  introduce me to Doctor Who (Empty Child).

                  I was hooked.

                  Back in the states, New York that is, I checked my 1500 cable stations
                  and NO TORCHWOOD!!!

                  Thanks to Netflix, I am watching Season 1 of Torchwood and I ordered
                  Season 1 dvd. Also thanks to Youtube, I see snippets of Season 2.

                  So I surmissed that the team has been together for 3 years. Only Gwen
                  could get a glimpse of the real Captain Jack. This team reminds me of
                  the rock group, Fleetwood Mac. They had affairs with each other.
                  Male/male, female/female and male/female. Everyone claims they don't
                  know anything about their boss. But does it matters? A friend of mine
                  works as secretary for the same boss for 10 years. He (the boss) sent
                  a flyer out to the staff that he is leaving the job the following week!
                  My friend did not even know!

                  My only question is why Owen! He's a bully. Why the ladies would
                  entertain talking to him. Not alone going to bed with him is beyond my
                  comprehension. Why not Ianto??

                  My favorite episodes so far are: Everything Changes, Ghost Machine
                  (Capt. Jack can teach me to shoot anytime he wants) and Captain Jack
                  Harkness (beautiful romantic ep. I bet a woman wrote this ep!)

                  In "Captain Jack Harkness" when The Captain asked Jack if Toshi was his
                  woman, he said no. There is no one. Oh Jack, what about Ianto?
                  Cyberwoman, and that too hot for prime time kiss?? Oh yes, this is
                  also a favorite ep of mine.

                  I downloaded most of the Youtube video to my ipod nano and watch them
                  on the way to work! Oh yeah!

                  Does anybody knows when Jack returns to Doctor Who was he as Jack in
                  Empty Child (romantic eye candy rogue)or the mysterious Jack?

                  Hi all

                  Ocean

                • Paula

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
                      I had to re-record the show at midnight so I could get those last few
                      minutes. It's the second time it's happened. The first time was the Series 2
                      premiere.