OT: Torchwood Star John Barrowman Announces Addition to his Family

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      <http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/383/torchwood-star-john-barrowman-announces-addition-to-his-family/>Torchwood
      Star John Barrowman Announces Addition to his Family

      Posted By Freelance Writers Date: 29/02

      Torchwood star and West End performer John Barrowman has welcomed a
      new friend into his life.

      The actor and singer has re-homed a Jack Russell Terrier from Cardiff
      Dogs Home.

      John Barrrowman fell in love with the 12 week old pup who staff had
      named 'Captain Jack' whilst opening a new kennel block at Cardiff Dogs Home.

      <http://www.dogmagazine.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/john-barrowman-with-dog.jpg>
      John Barrowman and Captain Jack

      <http://www.dogmagazine.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/john-barrowman-with-dog.jpg>

      The Jack Russell Terrier had been found abandoned recently in a
      Cardiff flat and was being cared for by staff at the Dogs Home.

      Accompanied by Captain Jack John Barrowman officially opened the four
      new kennels at the Dogs Home which have been built to house larger
      dogs and mothers with pups.

      Councillor Judith Woodman, Cardiff Council Deputy Leader said:

      "Cardiff Council is very grateful for the support of John Barrowman
      who has visited the Dogs Home to officially open a new kennel block.
      The new kennels have been converted from an old derelict building and
      were made possible by donations from two kind benefactors who
      bequeathed money to the Dogs Home last year."

      "Around 1300 abandoned and stray dogs pass through Cardiff Dogs Home
      each year. The new kennels will be used to house bigger dogs and for
      nursing mothers with pups. The donations have also helped to pay for
      the refurbishment of a vet's room so that spaying and castration can
      now be carried out on site."

      John Barrowman said: "I was pleased to be invited to Cardiff Dogs
      Home to support all the good work that it does for abandoned and
      stray dogs throughout the city. As a dog owner and Patron of the Dogs
      Trust myself
      I know how important it is to pass on the message of responsible dog
      ownership to all dog owners."

      During my visit to the Dogs' Home I fell in love with a 12 week old
      Jack Russell Terrier who was recently abandoned in an empty flat in
      Cardiff. I have now adopted the little fella 'Captain Jack' as part of our