RE: [torchwood] Re: SPOILERS for 2x08

  • Ann Marie
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 1, 2008

      THANK YOU! I haven't even seen this episode yet, matter of fact, I'm not sure what episode this is. The last one that aired here was *Adam*. Reset was scheduled for a 3am showing, but we got Adam once again.

      But seriously.....sci-fi fantasy is just that...fantasy and all things are possible if we'd open our minds and just have fun! Where would writers like Anne McCaffrey, Terry Brooks, HG Wells be if we only went with what was totally believable and could only really happen?

      I can't wait to see this episode.

      Ann Marie

      Chris Elray <adultstuff@...> wrote:

      > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > The secret of true enjoyment of Sci Fi and Fantasy, not to mention action movies like Spiderman, X Men and the like, is to suspend disbelief and leave the analysis at the door ... go with the flow ... OF COURSE Owen can't talk if he can't breath, OF COURSE his muscles can't be kept from atrophying with exercise .. but to write perfectly believable stories in a complete fantasy world is unnecessarily limiting ..l I admit it's fun to talk about it .. but .. there will always be technical problems with the credulity of the plot.

      And as for the analysis of the dynamics between the characters, and getting inside the heads of the characters themselves, a bit like the author of "Lord of the Flies" , William Golding said .. it is possible to read much more into a story than the writers intended.

      Still it's a lot of fun ...

      I guess if the show is pure fantasy then these musings can be seen in the same light ..

      Cliff

      * Don't tell me why not, tell me how can !! *

      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: seagull0031@...: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 08:56:58 +0000Subject: [torchwood] Re: SPOILERS for 2x08

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Craig J. Ries" <silvanthalas@...> wrote:>> Susanna Sorvali wrote:> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > s> > <snip>> > So, when it comes to how Owen can talk but not give CPR, I'm not > even > sure it's worth worrying about. He's a zombie... you gotta take the > stuff they can't explain with the stuff they can explain. ;)> I agree, it's just that there are so many of these in this episode.E.g. Martha says because he's dead, Owen's body can't heal anymore.What's broken or wounded stays that way.Okay, fine, if that's what being dead means on TW.It's not like I have first hand knowledge of this particular situation :)But then, just how is it possible for Owen to work out and create muscle tissue????> I didn't expect much for this episode, but it's quite possible > that, in > terms of writing (re: ignore plot holes for the moment), it might > be
      the best of the season. > What they've done with Owen really is great sci-fi, > and I'm so happy that they've taken the time to analyze his > situation in multiple episodes, > even if there's problems with said explanations.> While I agree with you how they dealt with Owen was very good, I don't think 2x08 is the best so far.What almost destroyed this episode for me was how Gwen suddenly seemed to run the team.When did she become boss? Did I miss something in 2x07?Or did Adam plant a fake memory in my brain as well? Pass the Retcon please. :)Pat

      Check out my website: http://aprilsmiles.bravehost.com

      ~~~

      Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the
      impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 7, 2008
        In a message dated 03/06/2008 11:17:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
        > So a TARDIS might be called something else (possibly an acronym) in
        > the Gallifreyan language and Susan decided to come up with the
        > English equivalent on a lark.
        I reached the same conclusion, it's the most logical explanation.Also,
        perhaps Tardis was the name of the inventor ??Perhaps TORCHWOOD stands for The Only
        Really Cool Headquarters -World Organized Offworld Defenses ?? LOL