Re: [torchwood] Re: Question about episode 5 (spoilers)

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2008
      At 12:44 PM 2/25/2008, msunshne, annotated:

      ><he forced personality change on Owen and Tosh>
      >
      >Did he really make Tosh and Owen change personalities or did he
      >tweak what was already there? He made Owen's mom like him and give
      >him pep talks. He made Tosh more self-confident. What those little
      >tweeks did was change the characters 100% from where they were. I'm
      >not he went it and MADE Owen a dork and Tosh a man-eater. I think it
      >was always within them--had Owen gotten support and love from his
      >mom, he would have been less cock-sure and more sensitive. Tosh
      >would not be hung up on her issues.
      >
      >Not saying Adam did not do them wrong but I'm not sure anything
      >personality changes were forced UPON them. I think they were just a
      >reaction to what he did tweak within them.
      >
      >Melissa

      on the other hand he did say specifically to Jack that he had
      deliberately changed them - helping Jack rediscover who he was
      (though obviously Jack had deliberately buried those memories), and
      while it would be nice for Tosh to be more confident - the man-eater
      version of her was not someone I would want to be around for any
      length of time - she was as obnoxious and self-absorbed as Owen was
      originally and the nerdy, needy Owen was beyond 'sensitive' he was a
      walking doormat the way Tosh originally came across as in regards to
      Owen - I seriously doubt given a 'choice' in the matter either would
      have opted for the change that Adam basically enjoyed - then again it
      gave him Tosh - an easy target apparently

      jmo
      pfyre