Fw: From OG

  • KarenUK
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2006
      Karen (UK).

      The BBC have confirmed that Torchwood is to return for a second series but this time it will premiere exclusively on BBC Two. Filming will start in Spring 2007.

      BBC2 Controller, Roly Keating said the show had been: "Inventive, intelligent and unpredictable. Torchwood is a brilliant piece of 21st century fantasy drama. I'm delighted that its second series will be premiering on the channel."

      Julian Bellamy, Controller of BBC Three, said: "Breaking all records on BBC Three is no mean feat and we've been proud to help build Torchwood into one of the most talked-about and eagerly-anticipated series of recent years."

      Jane Tranter, the Controller of BBC Fiction, said: "Torchwood is a modern and innovative drama that has truly captured the imagination of its audience, and we are very excited that there will be more of the adrenaline-fuelled, action-packed adventures of our team of Torchwood heroes."

      Russell T Davies said: "The whole team is bristling with ideas and we are delighted that Cardiff is going to be home to more monsters and mayhem."