Another book review

  • Kylie Hewitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      From the Daily Record
      http://tinyurl.com/2qqmn8

      Book Reviews: February 2

      Feb 2 2008 Shari Low

      ANYTHING GOES

      JOHN BARROWMAN

      Published by Michael O'Mara

      John Barrowman's autobiography was never going to be a serious tome -
      20 years in theatre have left him with an irrepressible luvvy gene
      that sings from every page.

      Gossipy, fun and endlessly entertaining, buy this out of curiosity,
      buy it for the insight into the worlds of stage and television, but
      most of all, buy it for his absolutely hilarious stories of a Glasgow
      childhood with a granny you'll just adore.

      Barrowman set out to create a book that was like "lounging in our
      pyjamas on the couch in my living room, sharing a pot of tea and
      having a laugh about my life so far." Does he achieve that?

      John, honey, pass the biscuits.