Hello

  • Fran Pinto
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hello and delurking.

      I thought it was about time to introduce myself. While I've enjoyed watching Captain Jack Harkness and John Barrowman on Doctor Who, I adore watching him on Torchwood.

      I've seen the first season in the States and just started watching season two last week.

      Thank you.

      Wisdom Is Attained Through Our Life's Lesson's--Not From Age.

    • cvandergriff
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2008
        Hi

        I am new to the group. I am a big Torchwood, Doctor Who fan. I enjoy
        other SciFi also. I have been watching Torchwood on BBC America. My
        husband loves the show too. Sometimes I have been watching the
        episode from the edge of my seat. It is truly amazing how big this
        show is. It will probably be another year before we see any new
        episodes. I have also noticed that the 2nd season of Torchwood was
        shown on BBC America not long after it was shown on BBC in England and
        they are doing the same with Doctor Who now being shown on the SciFi
        channel. I guess it's our incredible thirst for british SciFi.

        I look forward to chatting with you all.

        cvandergriff
      • Stephanie S
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 24, 2010
          Hi, everyone! I'm Steph, and I've become a fan of Torchwood ever since I picked up a copy of Children of Earth from the library. Right now I can't afford to buy the sets because I'm out of work, but hopefully that will change very soon. My favorite character is Captain Jack --what can I say, he is such a cutie!

          Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I look forward to chatting with you all very soon!
        • Jakx
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
            There is also an official John Barrowman yahoo group, that keeps you up to date with all his activities on TV, on Radio, and on stage.

            And he is a very busy man, so there`s something virtually every week.

            Oh, and you do know that Doctor Who first introduced us to Captain Jack Harkness? firstly with Christopher Eccleston`s Doctor (5 eps from Nu Who season 1), and then with David Tennant (a couple of eps with season 3, and 3 eps from season 4).

            Happy Capt Jack watching. :)

            Jakx

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 7, 2010
              I know about the Barrowman news and discussion groups on Yahoo. I'm
              getting the emails from the news group, but I have yet to be approved for the
              discussion group. Weird.

              I've seen Captain Jack's appearances in David Tennant's Doctor Who, but as
              usual the local library is taking it's sweet time getting the Christopher
              Eccleston series to me; I'm THAT far down on the waiting list. I've
              already watched Children of Earth several times over (that seems to be the
              easiest one to procure from the library, although I occasionally have to get more
              than one copy because the DVDs are so scratched up sometimes as to be
              unplayable, so I have to switch back and forth between sets); as a matter of
              fact, it's what led me to check out the series itself. I'm also working my
              way through the orchwood books when I can get them from the library, and
              they're pretty interesting too.

              Steph

              In a message dated 12/7/2010 4:25:45 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
              jakx.willmott@... writes:

              There is also an official John Barrowman yahoo group, that keeps you up to
              date with all his activities on TV, on Radio, and on stage.

              And he is a very busy man, so there`s something virtually every week.

              Oh, and you do know that Doctor Who first introduced us to Captain Jack
              Harkness? firstly with Christopher Eccleston`s Doctor (5 eps from Nu Who
              season 1), and then with David Tennant (a couple of eps with season 3, and 3 e
              ps from season 4).

              Happy Capt Jack watching. :)

              Jakx

            • Charles Galloway
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 10, 2010
                Might be nice to post the details of the Barrowman news and discussion groups for those of us who don't know? Also are any for
                Eve Myles ?

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 13, 2010
                  There's links to the Barrowman news and discussion groups on
                  JohnBarrowman.com, if I recall. I haven't seen anything for Eve Myles specifically, but
                  if you do a search on Yahoogroups you might come up with something.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
                    Hello.

                    I could not open this one, either.  The error message said that the page was not found.  I'll contact Dean Kaufman about this one, too, just in case he could open it.

                    Robbie