Re: [torchwood] Random shoes and other episodes in series 1

  • Will Vigar
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 31, 2008
      On 31/01/2008, Elizabeth Holden <azurite@...> wrote:

      > --- Will Vigar <immanion@... <immanion%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > ***Random shoes was far an away the best story from last season. An
      > > > amazing piece of TV!
      >
      > Aside from the sad lack of Captain Jack - which is itself enough for me to
      > condemn it personally -
      > I agree that it was a good story.***it as one of the few stories that
      > presented a human face to what was happening with the rift and what appens
      > when yer average every day person picks up an alien artefact. Not murderers
      > (although that was an excellent episode, too) not members of Torchwood (when
      > they usually used them as an excuse to shag as many people as possible) just
      > your average Joe. Torchwood were in it as much as they needed to be and it
      > worked beautifully.

      AS you say, out of time did this fantastically well, too.

      But I think "Captain Jack Harkness" had far and away the best
      > story of the season - a moving romance packed into 50-some minutes, with a
      > darned good action-packed subplot with Ianto and Owen. Well paced, well
      > characterized, well plotted. No question in my mind which story was best.

      ***That was moving and quite beautiful, but apart from telling us where Jack
      > got his name from, didn't really progress the story much. As a lead in to
      > the finale, it wasn't so hot. some collaboration between the two writers
      > might have been a good idea...

      "Random Shoes" (judged on story quality alone) isn't even in my top 5... #2
      > place probably goes to "Out of Time" with its three parallel stories. Judged
      > on whether I'd want to watch it again,"Random Shoes" rates 13th place of 13
      > for me.

      ***it's the one I watch most. :-)

      And personally, I thought "Cyberwoman" was a terrific story, through I've

      --
      "A Knife and Fork in a World of Soup"

    • Will Vigar
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 31, 2008