Re: [torchwood] Re: Terribly SPOILERY teaser, though not terribly smutty

  • Ann Marie
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 11, 2008
      and I have sound and no picture..want to trade!

      rthomas <rthomas79@...> wrote:
      For some reason is not working for me. It has no sound. I was wondering if you have it on
      a different player.

      Thanks

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "mystics_oblivion" <mystics_oblivion@...> wrote:

      > SPOILERY BITS!!!!
      >
      > http://www.sendspace.com/file/wvr69c
      >
      > I'M HOPING
      > DOING THIS
      > WILL KEEP
      > WHAT I'M
      > ABOUT TO
      > SAY FROM
      > SHOWING UP
      > ACCIDENTALLY.
      > Sorry to those it annoys and if it doesn't work.
      >
      > This clip should make all those Janto fans a bit happier- Ianto can be
      > an evil SOB when he wants, lol. ...Mys loves all three of the boys. :-D

      Check out my website: http://aprilsmiles.bravehost.com

      ~~~

      Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the
      impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

    • rthomas
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 11, 2008
        lol! I hope we can get both sound and picture.

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Ann Marie <aprilsmiles1@...> wrote:

        > and I have sound and no picture..want to trade!
        >
        > rthomas <rthomas79@...> wrote:
        > For some reason is not working for me. It has no sound. I was wondering if you have it
        on
        > a different player.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "mystics_oblivion" <mystics_oblivion@> wrote:
        > >
        > > SPOILERY BITS!!!!
        > >
        > > http://www.sendspace.com/file/wvr69c
        > >
        > > I'M HOPING
        > > DOING THIS
        > > WILL KEEP
        > > WHAT I'M
        > > ABOUT TO
        > > SAY FROM
        > > SHOWING UP
        > > ACCIDENTALLY.
        > > Sorry to those it annoys and if it doesn't work.
        > >
        > > This clip should make all those Janto fans a bit happier- Ianto can be
        > > an evil SOB when he wants, lol. ...Mys loves all three of the boys. :-D
        > >

        > Check out my website: http://aprilsmiles.bravehost.com
        >
        > ~~~
        >
        > Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the
        > impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

      • mystics_oblivion
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
          <mystics_oblivion@...> wrote:

          > SPOILERY BITS!!!!
          >
          > http://www.sendspace.com/file/wvr69c
          >
          > I'M HOPING
          > DOING THIS
          > WILL KEEP
          > WHAT I'M
          > ABOUT TO
          > SAY FROM
          > SHOWING UP
          > ACCIDENTALLY.
          > Sorry to those it annoys and if it doesn't work.
          >
          > This clip should make all those Janto fans a bit happier- Ianto can
          be
          > an evil SOB when he wants, lol. ...Mys loves all three of the
          boys. :-D

          Okay I have the same clip in .flv here:
          http://www.sendspace.com/file/8kzc8t

          and in MPEG here:
          http://www.sendspace.com/file/75hobg
        • Amanda Berendt
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
            Just gotta say a really big THANK YOU!!!!!!

            "This dark gift brings enlightened sight, as if the sun's bright rays illuminate sweet mortal forms to take my breath away."
            http://www.darksideoftheglass.com
            http://lestat.darksideoftheglass.com

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
              At 12:32 AM 1/12/2008, rthomas, annotated:
              >lol! I hope we can get both sound and picture.

              have you updated all your video and audio codecs (i.e. installed the
              latest windows media player (complete with codecs), installed the
              latest DivX codecs, iTunes, QuickTime or other audio players, etc.)
              or perhaps there are updated drivers for the audio and video cards on
              your computer? I just redid my PC (harddrive issues - reinstalled the
              OS from scratch and have spent the last two days reinstalling all
              vital utilities and programs) on Thursday and had no problem viewing
              and hearing the AVI version

              >--- In
              ><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Ann
              >Marie <aprilsmiles1@...> wrote:
              >>
              >>and I have sound and no picture..want to trade!
              >>
              >>rthomas <rthomas79@... wrote:
              >>>
              >>> For some reason is not working for me. It has no sound. I was
              >>> wondering if you have it on a different player.
              >>>
              >>>Thanks

            • Jack Hudler
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                iTunes and QuickTime! Some of the most invasive crap ever written. I never
                install anything from apple on my Windows machine. ever!

                At 12:32 AM 1/12/2008, rthomas, annotated:
                >lol! I hope we can get both sound and picture.

                have you updated all your video and audio codecs (i.e. installed the
                latest windows media player (complete with codecs), installed the
                latest DivX codecs, iTunes, QuickTime or other audio players, etc.)
                or perhaps there are updated drivers for the audio and video cards on
                your computer? I just redid my PC (harddrive issues - reinstalled the
                OS from scratch and have spent the last two days reinstalling all
                vital utilities and programs) on Thursday and had no problem viewing
                and hearing the AVI version

                >--- In
                ><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com> , Ann
                >Marie <aprilsmiles1@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>and I have sound and no picture..want to trade!
                >>
                >>rthomas <rthomas79@... wrote:
                >>>
                >>> For some reason is not working for me. It has no sound. I was
                >>> wondering if you have it on a different player.
                >>>
                >>>Thanks

              • Stuart Grant
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                  For this clip, you will just need DivX video decoder and an MPEG1 layer 2
                  audio decoder (any dvd player will do this � there is an excellent free
                  AC3Filter for windows which may be just the thing for the audio).

                  Stuart (sexystuartg/spankskin)

                  HYPERLINK "http://www.f-e-x.org/spankskin"http://www.f-e-x.org/spankskin

                  Get your own free fetish profile at

                  HYPERLINK "http://www.f-e-x.org"http://www.f-e-x.org

                  _____

                  "mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com"torchwood@..., Ann

                  "http://www.sendspace.com/file/wvr69c"http://www.sendspac-e.com/file/-wvr69c

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  18:09

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  18:09

                • rachael thomas
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                    Thank you for the tip. I tried it and it worked

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  • rachael thomas
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                      Thank you!

                      wrote:

                      > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "mystics_oblivion"
                      >
                      > <mystics_oblivion@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > SPOILERY BITS!!!!
                      > >
                      > > http://www.sendspace.com/file/wvr69c
                      > >
                      > > I'M HOPING
                      > > DOING THIS
                      > > WILL KEEP
                      > > WHAT I'M
                      > > ABOUT TO
                      > > SAY FROM
                      > > SHOWING UP
                      > > ACCIDENTALLY.
                      > > Sorry to those it annoys and if it doesn't work.
                      > >
                      > > This clip should make all those Janto fans a bit
                      > happier- Ianto can
                      > be
                      > > an evil SOB when he wants, lol. ...Mys loves all
                      > three of the
                      > boys. :-D
                      > >

                      > Okay I have the same clip in .flv here:
                      > http://www.sendspace.com/file/8kzc8t
                      >
                      > and in MPEG here:
                      > http://www.sendspace.com/file/75hobg

                      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    • Elizabeth Holden
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                        --- Jack Hudler <yahoo@...> wrote:

                        > iTunes and QuickTime! Some of the most invasive crap ever written. I never
                        > install anything from apple on my Windows machine. ever!

                        I once installed QuickTime on my PC and it's screwed up forever. Not in serious ways, but in
                        annyoing ways, making it impossible now to use my iPod with my computer. Unfixable. When I get a
                        new computer, I'll know better.

                        I wounder if Captain Jack Harkness ever has this problem, or if his futuristic knowledge helps him
                        deal with all software incompatabilities?

                        namaste,
                        Elizabeth
                      • Paula
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                          I haven't been able to download it either but if it's the bit with Ianto and the stopwatch, it's now on BBC America. Just go there and watch.

                          Paula

                          Thank you!

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                            --- Paula <pellsfan@...> wrote:

                            > I haven't been able to download it either but if it's the bit with Ianto and the stopwatch, it's
                            > now on BBC America. Just go there and watch.

                            No it isn't - and now I need to find the clip on BBC America. Eee! This is wonderful!

                            namaste,
                            Elizabeth

                            hoping she can view BBC American, but not expecting it
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                              At 12:31 PM 1/12/2008, Elizabeth Holden, annotated:
                              >--- Jack Hudler <<mailto:yahoo%40hudler.org>yahoo@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > iTunes and QuickTime! Some of the most invasive crap ever
                              > written. I never install anything from apple on my Windows machine. ever!
                              >
                              >I once installed QuickTime on my PC and it's screwed up forever. Not
                              >in serious ways, but in annyoing ways, making it impossible now to
                              >use my iPod with my computer. Unfixable. When I get a new computer,
                              >I'll know better.

                              hmmm... without iTunes - an iPod doesn't have the same accessibility
                              (at least in my experience)

                              >I wounder if Captain Jack Harkness ever has this problem, or if his
                              >futuristic knowledge helps him deal with all software incompatabilities?

                              well I'm sure his wrist comp takes care of any incompatibiity for him

                              pfyre

                              Message 14 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                At 11:50 AM 1/12/2008, Jack Hudler, annotated:

                                >iTunes and QuickTime! Some of the most invasive crap ever written. I
                                >never install anything from apple on my Windows machine. ever!

                                you know it was a *suggestion* - and for some people it works

                                I've had far fewer issues with iTunes and QuickTime than I've ever
                                had with lots of Microsoft and other Windows' related software and
                                utilities - I'm hardly a Mac enthusiast - I own and have owned and
                                worked on and repaired pcs since the time when 2 MB of RAM was
                                considered HUGE and large harddrives meant they could hold 100 MB of
                                data - both operating systems and hardware have issues as far as I'm
                                concerned - it's a matter of perspective and experience

                                I was merely trying to help people who were unable to view the AVI
                                file - god forbid anyone offer advice without someone snapping and/or
                                sniping at them

                                pfyre

                              • majkia
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                  I own and have owned and
                                  worked on and repaired pcs since the time when 2 MB of RAM was
                                  considered HUGE and large harddrives meant they could hold 100 MB of
                                  data ->>

                                  Ah, the good old days, when you lugged your programs around on Hollerith cards and you were lucky if you could get it run once a day....

                                  Folks with no experience of that are soooooo spoiled...

                                  Majkia

                                  / Inara: What did I tell you about barging into my shuttle? Mal: That it
                                  was manly and impulsive? Inara: Yes, exactly, only the exact phrase I
                                  used was "don't". /
                                • mystics_oblivion
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                    --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Holden <azurite@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > --- Paula <pellsfan@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > I haven't been able to download it either but if it's the bit
                                    with Ianto and the stopwatch, it's
                                    > > now on BBC America. Just go there and watch.
                                    >
                                    > No it isn't - and now I need to find the clip on BBC America.
                                    Eee! This is wonderful!

                                    > namaste,
                                    > Elizabeth
                                    >
                                    > hoping she can view BBC American, but not expecting it

                                    Err, I hate to break it to you, but it IS the BBC America clip... Mys
                                    is in Europe proper so she gets screwed out of both without the dl's
                                    lol.

                                    According to BBC Europe/Prime/whatever they call it these days, they
                                    don't own airing rights to ANY of TW, so we Europeans are more
                                    screwed than the Yanks, lol.
                                  • Ann Marie
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                      Yes, thanks, everything has been updated to the fullest, so can't figure out what the problem could be.

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                        At 02:20 PM 1/12/2008, Ann Marie, annotated:

                                        >Yes, thanks, everything has been updated to the fullest, so can't
                                        >figure out what the problem could be.

                                        have you tried a different media player? i.e. Total Video Player,
                                        VLC, DivX player??????

                                        >pfyre <<mailto:pfyre%40pfyre.co.uk>pfyre@...> wrote: At
                                        >12:32 AM 1/12/2008, rthomas, annotated:
                                        > >lol! I hope we can get both sound and picture.
                                        >
                                        >have you updated all your video and audio codecs (i.e. installed the
                                        >latest windows media player (complete with codecs), installed the
                                        >latest DivX codecs, iTunes, QuickTime or other audio players, etc.)
                                        >or perhaps there are updated drivers for the audio and video cards on
                                        >your computer? I just redid my PC (harddrive issues - reinstalled the
                                        >OS from scratch and have spent the last two days reinstalling all
                                        >vital utilities and programs) on Thursday and had no problem viewing
                                        >and hearing the AVI version
                                        >
                                        > >--- In
                                        > ><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups
                                        > .com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Ann
                                        > >Marie <aprilsmiles1@...> wrote:
                                        > >>
                                        > >>and I have sound and no picture..want to trade!

                                        > <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>torchwood@yahoogroups.com,
                                        > "mystics_oblivion"

                                        > <http://www.sendspace.com/file/wvr69c>http://www.sendspace.com/file/wvr69c

                                      • Elizabeth Holden
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                          I said:
                                          > > hoping she can view BBC American, but not expecting it

                                          As it turned out, I could watch it - usually I can't see things on American sites. (But who knows
                                          who determines these things?) And, as it turned out, I'd already seen it anyway. And then enjoyed
                                          watching it all over again.

                                          --- mystics_oblivion <mystics_oblivion@...> wrote:

                                          > Err, I hate to break it to you, but it IS the BBC America clip... Mys
                                          > is in Europe proper so she gets screwed out of both without the dl's
                                          > lol.

                                          Well, me too. I can't usually access video on American TV sites or the British ones either. This
                                          was a happy exception. I grump about it a lot, but griping gets me nowhere.

                                          > According to BBC Europe/Prime/whatever they call it these days, they
                                          > don't own airing rights to ANY of TW, so we Europeans are more
                                          > screwed than the Yanks, lol.

                                          I don't like national borders having this effect. Makes me want to sing John Lennon songs about
                                          'no countries'.

                                          namaste,
                                          Elizabeth
                                        • Elizabeth Holden
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                            --- pfyre <pfyre@...> wrote:

                                            > hmmm... without iTunes - an iPod doesn't have the same accessibility
                                            > (at least in my experience)

                                            Yes, exactly. It makes my iPod... very limited in use. I have to get friends to put music on it
                                            for me.

                                            > >I wounder if Captain Jack Harkness ever has this problem, or if his
                                            > >futuristic knowledge helps him deal with all software incompatabilities?
                                            >
                                            > well I'm sure his wrist comp takes care of any incompatibiity for him

                                            I want one of those!

                                            namaste,
                                            Elizabeth

                                            and if I can't have a TARDIS, can I have a Vortex Manipulater? I like the wristband model...
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                              At 04:42 PM 1/12/2008, Elizabeth Holden, annotated:

                                              >--- pfyre <<mailto:pfyre%40pfyre.co.uk>pfyre@...> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > > hmmm... without iTunes - an iPod doesn't have the same
                                              > accessibility (at least in my experience)
                                              >
                                              >Yes, exactly. It makes my iPod... very limited in use. I have to get
                                              >friends to put music on it for me.

                                              well like all software there are constantly updated versions - have
                                              you tried one of the newer versions of iTunes? - I use it as my main
                                              media player though I use Total Video Player for most video stuff even DVDs

                                              and if iTunes does not work for you - I know that there are utilities
                                              out there that will allow you to add music to your iPod without the
                                              use of iTunes

                                              pfyre
                                            • Ann Marie
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                                No, and I have no idea of what these are....I'll investigate them when I'm back on my own computer.....house and dog sitting for the weekend, so I'll have to wait.

                                                But thanks for the suggestions.

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                                  There are a lot of things you can do with a stopwatch.

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                                    --- pfyre <pfyre@...> asked me:

                                                    > well like all software there are constantly updated versions - have
                                                    > you tried one of the newer versions of iTunes? -

                                                    No. I can't install *any* version of iTunes. When I try, it says I need QuickTime. When I try to
                                                    install QuickTime, it says it can't install because I already have QuickTime on my computer. All
                                                    my expert-guru friends have gone over my computer with a fine-tooth comb, failing to solve this
                                                    Catch-22. QuickTime is not there, but still can't be installed.

                                                    My main computer video player is VLC.

                                                    > and if iTunes does not work for you - I know that there are utilities
                                                    > out there that will allow you to add music to your iPod without the
                                                    > use of iTunes

                                                    No luck with them so far, but I do continue to try.

                                                    namaste,
                                                    Elizabeth
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jan 12, 2008
                                                      At 10:59 PM 1/12/2008, Elizabeth Holden, annotated:
                                                      >--- pfyre <<mailto:pfyre%40pfyre.co.uk>pfyre@...> asked me:
                                                      >
                                                      > > well like all software there are constantly updated versions - have
                                                      > > you tried one of the newer versions of iTunes? -
                                                      >
                                                      >No. I can't install *any* version of iTunes. When I try, it says I
                                                      >need QuickTime. When I try to
                                                      >install QuickTime, it says it can't install because I already have
                                                      >QuickTime on my computer. All
                                                      >my expert-guru friends have gone over my computer with a fine-tooth
                                                      >comb, failing to solve this
                                                      >Catch-22. QuickTime is not there, but still can't be installed.

                                                      okay - I had this happen a while back during an upgrade to
                                                      iTunes/Quicktime - what you need is Microsoft's Windows Installer
                                                      Clean Up Utility
                                                      <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301>

                                                      basically you install the utility and it allows you to completely
                                                      uninstall any previous versions of iTunes and/or Quicktime and then
                                                      you can install the newest version of iTunes/Quicktime

                                                      >My main computer video player is VLC.
                                                      >
                                                      > > and if iTunes does not work for you - I know that there are utilities
                                                      > > out there that will allow you to add music to your iPod without the
                                                      > > use of iTunes
                                                      >
                                                      >No luck with them so far, but I do continue to try.
                                                      >
                                                      >namaste,
                                                      >Elizabeth

                                                      best of luck to you - I do understand how frustrating it can be

                                                      pfyre

                                                    • Lynn
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jan 13, 2008
                                                        Elizabeth -- you might also try a registry cleaner like CCleaner. ( http://www.ccleaner.com ) It's free and it cleans old entries out of your registry, which might be why your computer still thinks Quicktime is installed. It also makes your computer faster, which is always a plus :)

                                                        -lynn

                                                        > well like all software there are constantly updated versions - have
                                                        > you tried one of the newer versions of iTunes? -

                                                        No. I can't install *any* version of iTunes. When I try, it says I
                                                        need QuickTime. When I try to
                                                        install QuickTime, it says it can't install because I already have
                                                        QuickTime on my computer. All
                                                        my expert-guru friends have gone over my computer with a fine-tooth
                                                        comb, failing to solve this
                                                        Catch-22. QuickTime is not there, but still can't be installed.

                                                        My main computer video player is VLC.

                                                        > and if iTunes does not work for you - I know that there are utilities

                                                        > out there that will allow you to add music to your iPod without the
                                                        > use of iTunes

                                                        No luck with them so far, but I do continue to try.

                                                        namaste,
                                                        Elizabeth

                                                        Yahoo! Groups Links