Torchwood is tipped for top

  • nicolajane1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Torchwood is tipped for top

      By STUART PINK

      Published: 03 Jan 2008

      (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article646312.ece#comment-rig)

      <
      DOCTOR WHO spin-off Torchwood is being tipped to follow the success of its
      parent show by one of it stars.
      Kai Owen, who plays Rhys Williams in the science-fiction drama, reckons the
      second series will receive higher ratings than its successful first season.
      Owen said: "I hope it draws the crowds it deserves because it is bigger,
      better, classier and slicker.
      "They have cut down on the swearing and the sex but it’s still adult, still
      violent, and the scripts are better, too."
      US success
      Touchwood, which also stars Any Dream Will Do judge John Barrowman, moves to
      BBC2 later this month where it will hope to enjoy similar success to what it
      has received during a stint on BBC America.
      Owen added: "I think they are enjoying the Britishness of it and even the
      Welshness of it."
      The new series of Torchwood starts on Saturday, January 26.

      © 2006 News Group Newspapers Ltd. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are
      registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. This service
      is provided on News Group Newspapers' _Standard Terms and Conditions_
      (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/hygiene/terms_conditions/article254101.ece) in
      accordance with our _Privacy Policy_ (http://www.nidp.com/) . To inquire
      about a licence to reproduce material, visit our _Syndication site_
      (http://www.nisyndication.com/) . View our online Press Pack. For other inquiries,
      _Contact Us_
      (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/hygiene/contact_us/article251760.ece) . To see all content on The Sun, please use the _Site Map_
      (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/hygiene/site_map/) .