Re: [torchwood] January 16th Season Premiere

  • Benjamin Elliott
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
      While we don't know the exact date yet, HD Net will be airing Series 2 -
      probably soon after BBC America's air date (it was 9 days after BBC America
      for Series 1). HD Net will also be airing the episodes completely uncut,
      commercial free, and no on screen banner ads. HD Net will be airing the
      episodes in their native High Definition. Might be worth the wait for some
      people who don't want to watch BBC America's version with commercials, time
      edits, and banner ads.

      Torchwood were apparently uncut (albeit with ads, and the last 6 at
      Midnight). Ten has the rights to Series 2, so when they eventually use them
      there is every chance the episodes will be uncut. Also - has anyone checked
      out the Series 1 broadcasts on UKTV. If they are uncut, then Series 2 will
      be as well.

      For everybody, the great equalizer is the DVD releases. UK and Australian
      releases should be Regions 2 and 4. US/Canadian releases should be Region 1.
      A player that has been altered to Region Free (Region 0) should play them
      all. Based on Series 1's pattern, there will be several partial series sets
      for Torchwood Series 2 in the next few months in Region 2 before the
      complete Series 2 set months later.

      And the less-legal methods as well, which are best discussed in e-mail
      rather than a public forum that the BBC might read. If you use one of those
      methods, buy the DVDs when they come out in your region. :)

      Benjamin Elliott
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho