RE: [torchwood] January 16th Season Premiere

  • Taryn Beall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
      You can always check out youtube.com

      Chris Elray <adultstuff@...> wrote:
      Dean if you can tell me how a resident of the UK can can choose to watch the American version and a US resident can choose to watch the UK version perhaps you might tell me how an Australian resident can watch either version? Is it streaming on the Net somewhere?

      Cheers

      Cliff

      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: deanlkaufman@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:10:17 +0000Subject: [torchwood] January 16th Season Premiere

      It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.Dean L. KaufmanLaguna Woods, CA

    • Benjamin Elliott
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
        While we don't know the exact date yet, HD Net will be airing Series 2 -
        probably soon after BBC America's air date (it was 9 days after BBC America
        for Series 1). HD Net will also be airing the episodes completely uncut,
        commercial free, and no on screen banner ads. HD Net will be airing the
        episodes in their native High Definition. Might be worth the wait for some
        people who don't want to watch BBC America's version with commercials, time
        edits, and banner ads.

        Torchwood were apparently uncut (albeit with ads, and the last 6 at
        Midnight). Ten has the rights to Series 2, so when they eventually use them
        there is every chance the episodes will be uncut. Also - has anyone checked
        out the Series 1 broadcasts on UKTV. If they are uncut, then Series 2 will
        be as well.

        For everybody, the great equalizer is the DVD releases. UK and Australian
        releases should be Regions 2 and 4. US/Canadian releases should be Region 1.
        A player that has been altered to Region Free (Region 0) should play them
        all. Based on Series 1's pattern, there will be several partial series sets
        for Torchwood Series 2 in the next few months in Region 2 before the
        complete Series 2 set months later.

        And the less-legal methods as well, which are best discussed in e-mail
        rather than a public forum that the BBC might read. If you use one of those
        methods, buy the DVDs when they come out in your region. :)

        Benjamin Elliott
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho