Re: [torchwood] January 16th Season Premiere

  • Craig J. Ries
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
      Dean L. Kaufman wrote:
      > It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will
      > premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes
      > that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence
      > and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC
      > America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.

      This will be fun in my household.

      I want to watch uncut episodes, so I'll be hitting the torrents.

      My wife, however, is sick of sitting down in front of my computer to
      watch DW and TW, so she'll probably just wait the 10 days for the BBC
      America airings.

      Craig J. Ries
    • majkia
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
        You know, I watch both, and frankly I don't see much of a difference.
        Primarily BBC America cuts them to get them to fit into their time slot.

        Geez.

        Majkia
        / It went on that way through five courses. John was as smoothly
        offensive as only he could be, his voice the exaggerated drawl I
        particularly hated, his conversation studded with stinging barbs. -John
        and Vicky in Night Train to Memphis /

        a dolphin delivered a bottle from Craig J. Ries saying on 1/3/2008 9:29 AM:
        > Dean L. Kaufman wrote:
        >
        >> It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will
        >> premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes
        >> that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence
        >> and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC
        >> America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.
        >>

        > This will be fun in my household.
        >
        > I want to watch uncut episodes, so I'll be hitting the torrents.
        >
        > My wife, however, is sick of sitting down in front of my computer to
        > watch DW and TW, so she'll probably just wait the 10 days for the BBC
        > America airings.
        >
        > Craig J. Ries
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chris Elray
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
          Dean if you can tell me how a resident of the UK can can choose to watch the American version and a US resident can choose to watch the UK version perhaps you might tell me how an Australian resident can watch either version? Is it streaming on the Net somewhere?

          Cheers

          Cliff

          To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: deanlkaufman@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:10:17 +0000Subject: [torchwood] January 16th Season Premiere

          It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.Dean L. KaufmanLaguna Woods, CA

        • Jack Hudler
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
            I use ConvertXtoDvd so I can watch it on TV.

            > It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will
            > premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes
            > that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence
            > and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC
            > America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.

            This will be fun in my household.

            I want to watch uncut episodes, so I'll be hitting the torrents.

            My wife, however, is sick of sitting down in front of my computer to
            watch DW and TW, so she'll probably just wait the 10 days for the BBC
            America airings.

            Craig J. Ries

          • Taryn Beall

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
                While we don't know the exact date yet, HD Net will be airing Series 2 -
                probably soon after BBC America's air date (it was 9 days after BBC America
                for Series 1). HD Net will also be airing the episodes completely uncut,
                commercial free, and no on screen banner ads. HD Net will be airing the
                episodes in their native High Definition. Might be worth the wait for some
                people who don't want to watch BBC America's version with commercials, time
                edits, and banner ads.

                Torchwood were apparently uncut (albeit with ads, and the last 6 at
                Midnight). Ten has the rights to Series 2, so when they eventually use them
                there is every chance the episodes will be uncut. Also - has anyone checked
                out the Series 1 broadcasts on UKTV. If they are uncut, then Series 2 will
                be as well.

                For everybody, the great equalizer is the DVD releases. UK and Australian
                releases should be Regions 2 and 4. US/Canadian releases should be Region 1.
                A player that has been altered to Region Free (Region 0) should play them
                all. Based on Series 1's pattern, there will be several partial series sets
                for Torchwood Series 2 in the next few months in Region 2 before the
                complete Series 2 set months later.

                And the less-legal methods as well, which are best discussed in e-mail
                rather than a public forum that the BBC might read. If you use one of those
                methods, buy the DVDs when they come out in your region. :)

                Benjamin Elliott
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho