January 16th Season Premiere

  • Dean L. Kaufman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
      It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will
      premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes
      that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence
      and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC
      America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.

      Dean L. Kaufman
      Laguna Woods, CA
    • Craig J. Ries
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
        Dean L. Kaufman wrote:
        > It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will
        > premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes
        > that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence
        > and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC
        > America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.

        This will be fun in my household.

        I want to watch uncut episodes, so I'll be hitting the torrents.

        My wife, however, is sick of sitting down in front of my computer to
        watch DW and TW, so she'll probably just wait the 10 days for the BBC
        America airings.

        Craig J. Ries
      • majkia
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
          You know, I watch both, and frankly I don't see much of a difference.
          Primarily BBC America cuts them to get them to fit into their time slot.

          Geez.

          Majkia
          / It went on that way through five courses. John was as smoothly
          offensive as only he could be, his voice the exaggerated drawl I
          particularly hated, his conversation studded with stinging barbs. -John
          and Vicky in Night Train to Memphis /

          a dolphin delivered a bottle from Craig J. Ries saying on 1/3/2008 9:29 AM:
          > Dean L. Kaufman wrote:
          >
          >> It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will
          >> premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes
          >> that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence
          >> and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC
          >> America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.
          >>

          > This will be fun in my household.
          >
          > I want to watch uncut episodes, so I'll be hitting the torrents.
          >
          > My wife, however, is sick of sitting down in front of my computer to
          > watch DW and TW, so she'll probably just wait the 10 days for the BBC
          > America airings.
          >
          > Craig J. Ries
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Chris Elray
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
            Dean if you can tell me how a resident of the UK can can choose to watch the American version and a US resident can choose to watch the UK version perhaps you might tell me how an Australian resident can watch either version? Is it streaming on the Net somewhere?

            Cheers

            Cliff

            To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: deanlkaufman@...: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:10:17 +0000Subject: [torchwood] January 16th Season Premiere

            It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.Dean L. KaufmanLaguna Woods, CA

          • Jack Hudler
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
              I use ConvertXtoDvd so I can watch it on TV.

              > It was announced yesterday that the second season of Torchwood will
              > premiere uncut on the BBC on Wednesday, January 16th. The episodes
              > that have been cut for nudity, language, adult situations, violence
              > and running over time, will start airing 10 days later on BBC
              > America. Choose which version you prefer to be watching.

              This will be fun in my household.

              I want to watch uncut episodes, so I'll be hitting the torrents.

              My wife, however, is sick of sitting down in front of my computer to
              watch DW and TW, so she'll probably just wait the 10 days for the BBC
              America airings.

              Craig J. Ries

            • Taryn Beall

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
                  While we don't know the exact date yet, HD Net will be airing Series 2 -
                  probably soon after BBC America's air date (it was 9 days after BBC America
                  for Series 1). HD Net will also be airing the episodes completely uncut,
                  commercial free, and no on screen banner ads. HD Net will be airing the
                  episodes in their native High Definition. Might be worth the wait for some
                  people who don't want to watch BBC America's version with commercials, time
                  edits, and banner ads.

                  Torchwood were apparently uncut (albeit with ads, and the last 6 at
                  Midnight). Ten has the rights to Series 2, so when they eventually use them
                  there is every chance the episodes will be uncut. Also - has anyone checked
                  out the Series 1 broadcasts on UKTV. If they are uncut, then Series 2 will
                  be as well.

                  For everybody, the great equalizer is the DVD releases. UK and Australian
                  releases should be Regions 2 and 4. US/Canadian releases should be Region 1.
                  A player that has been altered to Region Free (Region 0) should play them
                  all. Based on Series 1's pattern, there will be several partial series sets
                  for Torchwood Series 2 in the next few months in Region 2 before the
                  complete Series 2 set months later.

                  And the less-legal methods as well, which are best discussed in e-mail
                  rather than a public forum that the BBC might read. If you use one of those
                  methods, buy the DVDs when they come out in your region. :)

                  Benjamin Elliott
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thisweekindoctorwho