Re: OT the Pizza

  • Celia
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
      That reminds me of when my husband was stationed in Belgium. It was
      a "remote" assignment (no family facilities), so I went over to visit
      him while he was there. We went to Bruges and I wanted to taste some
      local food, but he saw a Pizza Hut and HAD to eat there. Well, after
      8 months without pizza, I could hardly blame him... LOL

      Celia

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Craig J. Ries" <silvanthalas@...>
      wrote:

      > I remember stopping by a Domino's while in Auckland last year and
      seeing
      > some really strange stuff on the menu. :)
      >
      > The above wouldn't make a bad pizza, and it's pretty close to what
      we
      > tend to offer although with some different names (capsicum=bell
      pepper,
      > cotto=salami?), although garlic is a bit more for specialty pizzas
      and
      > oregano would probably be part of any sauce.
      >
      > Now that I think about it, I wish I had the chance to save some
      menus
      > from the local versions of American chains like Domino's. It would
      make
      > for interesting reading again. :)
      >
      > Craig J. Ries
    • pkammotroop2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Brown" <chrisbnz@...> wrote:

        > The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand is quote "special
        > tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
        cotto.fresh
        > garlic,oregano". we did try it but iwas nothing to write home about.
        >
        > I also contacted TV2 today about Torchwood. They confirm they have
        the
        > series and intend to show it sometime next year

        capsicum?
      • Merlin
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
          > The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand is quote "special
          > tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
          cotto.fresh
          > garlic,oregano". we did try it but iwas nothing to write home about.
          >
          > I also contacted TV2 today about Torchwood. They confirm they have
          the
          > series and intend to show it sometime next year

          capsicum?

          Bell Pepper

          Alison
        • Orchid
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 13, 2007
            From: "pkammotroop2000" <pkat@...>

            > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Brown" <chrisbnz@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand is quote "special
            >> tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
            > cotto.fresh
            >> garlic,oregano". >

            > capsicum?

            Peppers! The large kind, not chilli.

            Pat
          • jan gyn
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13, 2007
              Pizza from hell:

              http://www.andiamnotlying.com/2007/using-mcdonalds-as-pizza-toppings-this-cannot-have-happened-above-the-mason-dixon-line/#more-446
              -jan

              --- Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

              > From: "pkammotroop2000" <pkat@...>
              > Subject: [torchwood] Re: OT the Pizza
              >
              > > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Brown"
              > <chrisbnz@...> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand
              > is quote "special
              > >> tomato sauce,mozzarella
              > cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
              > > cotto.fresh