Re: [torchwood] OT the Pizza

  • Will Vigar
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007

      ****YOu should try the Pizza Huts in France! The food there is amazing.
      > Appelation Controlee cheeses, goat cheese, fully traceable meat products,
      > i.e you are told exactly which farm the hams come from....it's a different
      > world!

      And they do a pretty good tartiflette with real reblechon cheese....

    • Celia
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
        That reminds me of when my husband was stationed in Belgium. It was
        a "remote" assignment (no family facilities), so I went over to visit
        him while he was there. We went to Bruges and I wanted to taste some
        local food, but he saw a Pizza Hut and HAD to eat there. Well, after
        8 months without pizza, I could hardly blame him... LOL

        Celia

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Craig J. Ries" <silvanthalas@...>
        wrote:

        > I remember stopping by a Domino's while in Auckland last year and
        seeing
        > some really strange stuff on the menu. :)
        >
        > The above wouldn't make a bad pizza, and it's pretty close to what
        we
        > tend to offer although with some different names (capsicum=bell
        pepper,
        > cotto=salami?), although garlic is a bit more for specialty pizzas
        and
        > oregano would probably be part of any sauce.
        >
        > Now that I think about it, I wish I had the chance to save some
        menus
        > from the local versions of American chains like Domino's. It would
        make
        > for interesting reading again. :)
        >
        > Craig J. Ries
      • pkammotroop2000
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Brown" <chrisbnz@...> wrote:

          > The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand is quote "special
          > tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
          cotto.fresh
          > garlic,oregano". we did try it but iwas nothing to write home about.
          >
          > I also contacted TV2 today about Torchwood. They confirm they have
          the
          > series and intend to show it sometime next year

          capsicum?
        • Merlin
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2007
            > The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand is quote "special
            > tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
            cotto.fresh
            > garlic,oregano". we did try it but iwas nothing to write home about.
            >
            > I also contacted TV2 today about Torchwood. They confirm they have
            the
            > series and intend to show it sometime next year

            capsicum?

            Bell Pepper

            Alison
          • Orchid
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13, 2007
              From: "pkammotroop2000" <pkat@...>

              > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Brown" <chrisbnz@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand is quote "special
              >> tomato sauce,mozzarella cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
              > cotto.fresh
              >> garlic,oregano". >

              > capsicum?

              Peppers! The large kind, not chilli.

              Pat
            • jan gyn
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 2007
                Pizza from hell:

                http://www.andiamnotlying.com/2007/using-mcdonalds-as-pizza-toppings-this-cannot-have-happened-above-the-mason-dixon-line/#more-446
                -jan

                --- Orchid <ironorchid@...> wrote:

                > From: "pkammotroop2000" <pkat@...>
                > Subject: [torchwood] Re: OT the Pizza
                >
                > > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Brown"
                > <chrisbnz@...> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> The Domino's Americana pizza here in New Zealand
                > is quote "special
                > >> tomato sauce,mozzarella
                > cheese,pepperoni,capsicum, shredded
                > > cotto.fresh