Re: [torchwood] Torchwood Saturday Night Nudity Alert

  • Karl Kammer
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2007
      I had already seen the series about three months ago so didnt want to spoil it for anyone. Of course I would edit his bum shot not because it is offensive but it is just icky, I would prefer to see one of the females bums! But it is interesting how things are turning out.

      "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...> wrote: There has been a lot of talk about what is edited and not edited out
      of Torchwood episodes. The BBC America broadcast this Saturday
      of "End of Days", there is a shot of one of the main character's naked
      back side. If that scene is not in the broadcast, it means it would
      have been far too shocking to show the audience for BBC America, even
      though "NYPD Blue" used to do it all the time. What character, you
      ask? Rhys.

      And for those watching who wonder what happened to Jack at the end of
      the episode, go catch the Doctor Who stories, Utopia, The Sound of
      Drums and Last of the Time Lords which then lead up the second season
      Torchwood coming January.

      Nobody here also mentioned the "Vote Saxon" poster on the dance hall
      door of last week's episode.

      Dean L. Kaufman

    • Darla
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2007
        everybody is so afraid of offending everyone else here in the US
        that's why they edit so much of everything-It's getting rediculous!
        you can get arrested for saying fuck in public if the "wrong person"
        hears you! as for me i like seeing mens bums! the more the merrier!
        LOL I watch "my family" on BBC america and they showed Ben in the
        shower hiding from his daughter-completely naked. It was very funny.
        On a different note-i just got the John Barrowman CD ANOTHER SIDE-
        That man can
        sing! ---
        In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, CJ <cajema2@...> wrote:

        > <If that scene is not in the broadcast, it means it would
        > have been far too shocking to show the audience for BBC America>
        >
        > Dexter on cable here has shown bare backsides and it
        wasn't "covered up" in any way. It's on Showtime. There is plenty
        of nudity on Nip/Tuck on the cable channel FX here in the US and it
        isn't changed either. I have no idea why BBCA feels the need to
        change these things for US audiences. Their policies are ridiculous.

        > CJ
        >

        > "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...> wrote:
        > There has been a lot of talk about what is edited and not edited
        out
        > of Torchwood episodes. The BBC America broadcast this Saturday
        > of "End of Days", there is a shot of one of the main character's
        naked
        > back side. If that scene is not in the broadcast, it means it would
        > have been far too shocking to show the audience for BBC America,
        even
        > though "NYPD Blue" used to do it all the time. What character, you
        > ask? Rhys.
        >
        > And for those watching who wonder what happened to Jack at the end
        of
        > the episode, go catch the Doctor Who stories, Utopia, The Sound of
        > Drums and Last of the Time Lords which then lead up the second
        season
        > Torchwood coming January.
        >
        > Nobody here also mentioned the "Vote Saxon" poster on the dance
        hall
        > door of last week's episode.
        >
        > Dean L. Kaufman
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • susan knavel

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 3, 2007
              From: susan knavel <pca702002@...>

              > It is because the US has certain restrictions on things like this,
              viewing it before 10pm, as some
              > of the kiddies may still be up.

              No, we don't, not on cable. Any content restrictions are self-imposed by the cable channel.

              -lynn
            • Celia
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2007
                On the other hand, Nip/Tuck is on cable and Dexter is on Showtime,
                which has always gone beyond regular programmming. We watch
                Torchwood with our teenage daughter and while the basic stories are
                pretty good I'm not thrilled about seeing naked bodies any more than
                I am about overly graphic violence on some other shows. Really, it
                doesn't add to the story itself at all.

                Celia