Re: [torchwood] Question to Group - Cut New Torchwood or Uncut NewTorchwood?

  • susan knavel
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2007
      Well Dean,
      I unfortunately, have no choice in the matter, because I only get BBCAmerica and BBCAmerica on demand. But I do ask, as I do with my other groups. that if your going to talk about episodes that haven't aired in certain places, please make your email out to look like this: Subject: Torchwood-New Episode Warning: Spoilers included for some.

      .
      .
      .
      If you have not seen, do not read ahead!!

      That is what your email should look like, out of courtesy to other members who have not seen the episode yet.

      Thanks for bringing this up Dean, it was a great topic of discusssion. If anyone has any questions, they are more than welcome to direct their questions to me, either in the group or email me personally. I hope I haven't sounded too much like a dictator, but this is how it is done in my other groups.

      Susan

      "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...> wrote:
      As everybody here knows, the "edited" second season of Torchwood
      starts airing on BBC America on January 26th. The actual premiere
      date of the unedited version of Season 2 on the BBC has not yet been
      announced, except it is sometime between January 1st and the 25th.
      January 7th would be nice, because it airing would be a great
      birthday present.

      When Torchwood airs on the BBC, it will air with mini-documentaries
      called "Torchwood Declassified" that talk about the filming of that
      night's episode. When BBC America airs the edited version of that
      episode, they will include a small snippet of the Declassified airing.

      If you have a choice between the unedited version of the episode
      along with the Torchwood Declassified or the edited version with a
      minute or two of the Declassified (with commercials) on BBC America
      not long after, which version of Torchwood would you rather see?

      I have a good friend who prefers to watch BBC America because closed
      captioning catches softer words in the broadcast she cannot generally
      catch on her own.

      Also, for those that prefer to wait for BBC America to air the
      episode, do you prefer others not talk about details of the episode
      until BBC America airs it or is the first airing grounds enough for
      anybody here to talk about the episode?

      What do you want to happen?

      Dean L. Kaufman
      Orange County, CA