Re: [torchwood] Torchwood Series One complete boxset contents

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 28, 2007
      At 07:22 PM 11/28/2007, John Lawton, annotated:
      >The dvds will be out in the US in either January or February.
      >
      >John

      the region one boxset is due on January 22, 2008 - it is SUPPOSED to
      be the same as the region two boxset (just with a different cover) -
      but at this point no one is taking bets that there won't be some sort
      of FUBAR with the release here

      pfyre

      >From: susan knavel
      >>
      >>Thank you Pfyre, for this post. I hope to get the set sometime
      >>soon. Do you know when I can get it in the states love? It would be
      >>a big help.
      >>
      >>Thanks,
      >>Susan
      >>
      >>pfyre <<mailto:pfyre%40pfyre.co.uk>pfyre@...> wrote:
      >>>for those interested - especially as there is no insert with the
      >>>set: [from:
      >>><<http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/2007/11/early-bird-surprise.html>http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/2007/11/early-bird-surprise.html>]
      >>>

      >>>Torchwood Series One complete boxset contents:

    • John Lawton
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 28, 2007
        When the show was broadcast in the UK on the BBC was any part of the program
        altered
        in the name of political correctness or did it go out in the UK as produced?

        John

        At 07:22 PM 11/28/2007, John Lawton, annotated:
        >The dvds will be out in the US in either January or February.
        >
        >John

        the region one boxset is due on January 22, 2008 - it is SUPPOSED to
        be the same as the region two boxset (just with a different cover) -
        but at this point no one is taking bets that there won't be some sort
        of FUBAR with the release here

        pfyre

        >From: susan knavel
        >>
        >>Thank you Pfyre, for this post. I hope to get the set sometime
        >>soon. Do you know when I can get it in the states love? It would be
        >>a big help.
        >>
        >>Thanks,
        >>Susan
        >>
        >>pfyre <<mailto:pfyre%40pfyre.co.uk>pfyre@...> wrote:
        >>>for those interested - especially as there is no insert with the
        >>>set: [from:
        >>><<http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/2007/11/early-bird-surprise
        html>http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/2007/11/early-bird-surprise.html>]

        >>>Torchwood Series One complete boxset contents:

      • susan knavel
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 28, 2007
          Thank you John!

          Susan

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 28, 2007
            Thank you Savannah!!

            Susan

            "savannah.beth" <savannah.beth@...> wrote:
            Hi there .. The release date for US is 22nd of January 2008 it is
            55.99 from Amazon .. You can pre-oder it

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 28, 2007
              At 07:41 PM 11/28/2007, John Lawton, annotated:

              >When the show was broadcast in the UK on the BBC was any part of the
              >program altered in the name of political correctness or did it go
              >out in the UK as produced?
              >
              >John

              as far as anyone knows - what was produced by RTD and company is what
              was broadcast - it was aired post watershed so there would not have
              been the concern about children watching adult content - and the UK
              is notoriously more relaxed about adult sexual situations than the
              U.S. - for them it is blood and violence that is generally the
              greater concern - pretty much the opposite of the U.S. they can show
              all the blood and violence they want but show us a bit of sex and
              nudity forget it

              pfyre

              >From: pfyre
              >>
              >>At 07:22 PM 11/28/2007, John Lawton, annotated:
              >>>The dvds will be out in the US in either January or February.
              >>>
              >>>John
              >>
              >>the region one boxset is due on January 22, 2008 - it is SUPPOSED
              >>to be the same as the region two boxset (just with a different
              >>cover) - but at this point no one is taking bets that there won't
              >>be some sort of FUBAR with the release here
              >>
              >>pfyre
              >>>
              >>>From: susan knavel

            • John Lawton
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 28, 2007
                Does anyone know when the second series of primeval is set to air in the UK?

                John

                At 07:41 PM 11/28/2007, John Lawton, annotated:

                >When the show was broadcast in the UK on the BBC was any part of the
                >program altered in the name of political correctness or did it go
                >out in the UK as produced?
                >
                >John

                as far as anyone knows - what was produced by RTD and company is what
                was broadcast - it was aired post watershed so there would not have
                been the concern about children watching adult content - and the UK
                is notoriously more relaxed about adult sexual situations than the
                U.S. - for them it is blood and violence that is generally the
                greater concern - pretty much the opposite of the U.S. they can show
                all the blood and violence they want but show us a bit of sex and
                nudity forget it

                pfyre

                >From: pfyre
                >>
                >>At 07:22 PM 11/28/2007, John Lawton, annotated:
                >>>The dvds will be out in the US in either January or February.
                >>>
                >>>John
                >>
                >>the region one boxset is due on January 22, 2008 - it is SUPPOSED
                >>to be the same as the region two boxset (just with a different
                >>cover) - but at this point no one is taking bets that there won't
                >>be some sort of FUBAR with the release here
                >>
                >>pfyre
                >>>
                >>>From: susan knavel

              • Amanda Berendt
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 29, 2007
                  Actually, the set from the states is 20 mintes longer (according to
                  the amazons the UK set runs 630 minutes while the US set runs 650
                  minutes)

                  I'm wondering if the BBCA pod casts will be on the US set.

                  -Amanda

                  "This dark gift brings enlightened sight, as if the sun's bright rays illuminate sweet mortal forms to take my breath away."
                  http://www.darksideoftheglass.com
                  http://lestat.darksideoftheglass.com

                • Susanna Sorvali
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 29, 2007
                    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Amanda Berendt wrote:

                    > Actually, the set from the states is 20 mintes longer (according to
                    > the amazons the UK set runs 630 minutes while the US set runs 650
                    > minutes)

                    I think that the difference is because of pal/ntsc conversion. Pal play
                    back is about 4% faster than ntsc.

                    --
                    Susanna Sorvali
                    -TygerC- Ma'at is the foundation of Ra's Heaven.