Re: [torchwood] Re: s01e12 Captain Jack Harkness - SPOILERS

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2007
      At 06:38 PM 11/28/2007, susan knavel, annotated:
      >Not all of us in the US are closeminded, it just took us a while to
      >come round, you know?

      I don't think anyone on this list truly believes all of us in the
      U.S. are close-minded -- however it must be pointed out that the
      average American certainly seems to have a very closed mind - just
      when I had hopes that things might improve - we instead got all those
      states passing referendums against same sex marriages/civil
      partnerships and then they had to go vote in the biggest idiot of the
      lot Dubya Bush - sigh - can't tell you how disgusted I was that my
      vote was cast in vain in that election...

      a few years ago when the Showtime of Queer as Folk was airing - I
      remember listening to the radio in the morning on the way to work -
      the DJ and his cohorts going on and on and on about The Sopranos, Six
      Feet Under and The Osbournes - nary a whisper about QAF - so I dared
      to write in and promptly was told that in no uncertain terms that the
      majority of Americans have HBO and NOT Showtime and that the majority
      of Americans do NOT want to hear about a gay cable drama on their way
      to work in the morning - blah blah blah... I changed my regular radio
      station after that....

      pfyre