Children in need and Torchwood tonight

  • jennyrhsmtih
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2007
      Those of us lucky enough to have direct access to UK TV tonight we
      have the delight (according to my printed copy of the Radio Times)
      of "Time Crash" and John Barrowman singing between 8:00 pm and 8:30
      pm GMT on the BBC's "Children in Need marathon.

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/index.shtml

      Do note that "Time Crash" is a five minute sketch done in the cast
      and crews' spare time as their contribution for this year
      to "Children in Need". (Their contribution last year was the Cardiff
      concert.) There is an article on its filming in the new DW magazine
      that I picked up this morning but I have not read it yet. I hope
      that there are not folk out there expecting "Time Crash" to be a full
      forty minute episode because we will not be getting that until after
      next Easter. We will, of course have an hour's worth of Christmas
      special before then.

      To go a bit precious about things for a moment can I suggest that, as
      this sketch was done by the Dr Who mob and John will be there singing
      specifically to raise money for charity, we as the fans should
      repatriate and cough up, however little, in money, kind or time.
      However, "Children in Need" is a UK charity drive for projects that
      benefit UK kids. It may well be that those outside the UK who get to
      see "Time Crash" on Youtube may consider that this has nothing to do
      with them. Can I suggest that it would be an idea to honour the
      spirit of the Charity by contributing to children's charity or
      organisation that is local to you. Sorry about that. Obnoxious do
      gooding bit is now over. Sometimes these things take me over.

      I think we also get the "Spice Girls" in the same half hours as well,
      along with all the usual fund raising antics and information about
      where the money raised will go and has gone in past years. For some
      reason when thinking on this my mind was possessed by an image of the
      Spice girls screaming and running away badly on platform shoes from a
      large ravenous Fendahl. Unfortunately one of them throws away the bag
      of crisps (USA; Chips) she was eating and the salt kills the Fendahl.
      I think my ear imbalance thingy and the drug I'm taking for it is
      making me a little spacy.

      Then for those with access to BBC 3 there is Torchwood de-classified
      at 8:50 pm followed by Torchwood "They keep killing Suzie" at 9:00.
      For those who can only take "Children in Need" in small bits the film
      of "Buffy the Vampire Killer" is being shown on BBC 3 from 7:30.
      While I find this film "interesting" to compare with its much
      superior successor the TV show I am not sure I'm up to sitting
      through it again, even with time out for "Who" and Barrowman.

      Not a very good picture of a Fendahl but the best I could find:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/gallery/monsters2/fendahl.shtml

      Jenny in Wantage, but not quite on the planet.
    • Craig J. Ries
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2007
        jennyrhsmtih wrote:

        > "Time Crash"

        Well, as stated, 'Time Crash" was only 5 minutes, but it was certainly
        worth the wait. :)

        Craig J. Ries
      • John Lawton
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2007
          It was fabulous! A great homage to the series' past. Tennant and Davison
          worked well together!

          John

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 16, 2007
            << 'Time Crash" was only 5 minutes, but it was
            certainly worth the wait. >>

            Agreed, I really enjoyed it. Wish it could have been
            longer and more involved, but I'll take watching the
            two of them play off each other. Loved the line about
            changing the desk top theme...

            Make Yahoo! your homepage.
            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • John Lawton
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 16, 2007
              I also loved the line about wearing a vegetable!

              John