Re: A Musical TW episode?

  • Laura Ustaszewski
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
      I was skeptical at first about the Buffy musical episode, but in the end it won me over. But still, I don't know about a Torchwood musical ... for me Buffy was a lot more campy, than Torchwood is. Ah well, that's my two cents.
    • kindred1964
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
        Buffy pulled it off, but it was the story not just the singing that did
        it. I'll wait and see.

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "wicked_witch_ofda_north"

      • Taylor401306@cs.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2007
          In a message dated 11/03/2007 3:43:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
          > Re: A Musical TW episode?
          > Posted by: "Laura Ustaszewski" lsustaszewski@... lauraincardington
          > Date: Fri Nov 2, 2007 10:04 am ((PDT))
          >
          > I was skeptical at first about the Buffy musical episode, but in the end it
          > won me over. But still, I don't know about a Torchwood musical ... for me
          > Buffy was a lot more campy, than Torchwood is. Ah well, that's my two cents.
          They could have it that there's some alien infection that causes people to
          break out in song. The big question is: Can the writers write songs ?

        • Robert DiClemente
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2007
            You are exactly right, Buffy was a bit more on the campier side than Torchwood. I watched Buffy and there were some good stories, but Torchwood hasn't slipped into the realm of camp, which Buffy sometimes did.

            I was skeptical at first about the Buffy musical episode, but in the end it won me over. But still, I don't know about a Torchwood musical ... for me Buffy was a lot more campy, than Torchwood is. Ah well, that's my two cents.
            Do You Yahoo!?
            http://mail. yahoo.com

          • Robert DiClemente
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2007
              No, absolutely no. Please, did this happen on the X-Files? Let's keep the camp aspect out of Torchwood. The only time I want to hear a song is during the out-takes, not during the episode proper.