ITV vs BBC

  • Dean L. Kaufman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
      I don't know if there has been any precedent here, but ITV shows are
      not generally seen on the BBC and BBC shows aren't generally shown on
      ITV.

      Billie Piper's "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" is on ITV. I think it
      will be highly unlikely that it will ever be shown on BBC America.

      It will either be sold as an entire DVD set or it will be syndicated
      to HBO or most likely Showtime. There may already be a business deal
      as to what happens with all 8 episodes, but the powers involved
      aren't saying anything.

      If you are not in the UK, your best bet for seeing these episodes is
      to learn how to do file sharing and start downloading the episodes.

      By the way, two more weeks, is the next new Doctor Who "Time Crash".
      It will never be syndicated to be shown in any other country. You
      can see it online or you can see it on a DVD set or you can see it at
      a Doctor Who convention. 43 days more to the Doctor WHo holiday
      special "Voyage of the Damned".

      Dean L. Kaufman
      Laguna Woods, CA
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
        From: Dean L. Kaufman <deanlkaufman@...>

        > I don't know if there has been any precedent here, but ITV shows are
        > not generally seen on the BBC and BBC shows aren't generally shown on
        > ITV.
        >
        > Billie Piper's "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" is on ITV. I think it
        > will be highly unlikely that it will ever be shown on BBC America.

        My memory may be faulty, but wasn't "Hex" shown on ITV (or Sky?) in the UK? I am pretty sure it was not originally shown on BBC, because it had act breaks for commercials like US shows. And Hex has definitely been shown on BBCA.

        (That has nothing to do with the content issues, of course. BBCA may pass for that reason.)

        -Lynn
      • pkammotroop2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Lynn <lynnloschin@...> wrote:

          > From: Dean L. Kaufman <deanlkaufman@...>
          >
          > > I don't know if there has been any precedent here, but ITV shows
          are
          > > not generally seen on the BBC and BBC shows aren't generally
          shown on
          > > ITV.
          > >
          > > Billie Piper's "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" is on ITV. I think
          it
          > > will be highly unlikely that it will ever be shown on BBC America.
          >
          > My memory may be faulty, but wasn't "Hex" shown on ITV (or Sky?) in
          the UK? I am pretty sure it was not originally shown on BBC, because
          it had act breaks for commercials like US shows. And Hex has
          definitely been shown on BBCA.

          > (That has nothing to do with the content issues, of course. BBCA
          may pass for that reason.)

          > -Lynn

          BBC America does broadcast shows that were produced by other
          channels: ITV, Channel 4, or Sky One. Currently in their line up
          along with BBC produced shows is:
          afterlife
          Daily Cooks
          Gordon Ramsay's The F Word
          Footballers' Wives
          Hell's Kitchen (UK Version)
          In The City
          Hex
          Hollyoaks
          How Clean Is Your House? (UK Version)
          Location, Location, Location
          Mile High
          Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (UK Version - MUCH better than the US
          version)
          So Graham Norton
          The Avengers
          Whose Line Is It Anyway? (UK Version)

          and sometimes (if we're lucky) Father Ted.
        • Russell Moseley
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2007
            hex was on sky one

            To: torchwood@yahoogroups.comFrom: lynnloschin@...: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:19:41 -0700Subject: Re: [torchwood] ITV vs BBC