Re: [torchwood] Something to think about

  • Robert DiClemente
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
      1.This is because Torchwood is a device of the "new" series of Doctor Who. This is why UNIT worked alone in the "classic" series and there was no mention of Torchwood. How can a writer do research on something that isn't a part of the equation at that time.

      2.My take on the whole issue of Queen Victoria banning the Doctor from Earth plays into this whole new plotline that RTD has put in place that the Doctor is a rogue element, leaving death and destruction behind after he encounters a situation. A plotline that I can't stand, and one that never existed in the original series, or if it did, it wasn't emphasized as being the Doctor's fault.

      3. In Utopia, this question is answered somewhat during the dialoge between Jack and the Doctor, while Jack is in the radiation room. I won't go any further for those who haven't watched the episode. I'm hoping that in Torchwood, we'll find the answer.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
        That's all good, but since the Doctor's adventure (Tooth and Claw) happened in the past, and I am assuming that it was in this Universe, or at least the tv series universe, that all events in the past, regardless if it happened in the Doctor's future still falls along the same timeline, so therefore Torchwood happened before UNIT, and UNIT should have some information about Torchwood's existence.

        In OUR 1968, when UNIT helped the Doctor, he hadn't yet gone back in time to create Torchwood. Remember, the wibbly-wobbly- timey-wimey ball of stuff. So, he went back and Torchwood was created and rewrote history. So, that's why we know about it now. See? It makes...sense, I think.