Re: [torchwood] A Musical TW episode?

  • Robert DiClemente
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
      NO! I do not want to see a musical episode of TORCHWOOD. Please, it's a Sci-Fi show not the floor show at Albert Hall. In fact when that episode aired, I never watched it. Should TORCHWOOD have a Christmas episode, maybe then, but during the regular season, I, personally, say no.

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
        No! A thousand times No!

        After seeing JB in The Producers yet again it makes me wonder if they
        will do a musical episode (ala Buffy the Vampire Slayer)?

        What do you guys think?

      • Laura Ustaszewski
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
          I was skeptical at first about the Buffy musical episode, but in the end it won me over. But still, I don't know about a Torchwood musical ... for me Buffy was a lot more campy, than Torchwood is. Ah well, that's my two cents.
        • kindred1964
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2007
            Buffy pulled it off, but it was the story not just the singing that did
            it. I'll wait and see.

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "wicked_witch_ofda_north"

          • Taylor401306@cs.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2007
              In a message dated 11/03/2007 3:43:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
              > Re: A Musical TW episode?
              > Posted by: "Laura Ustaszewski" lsustaszewski@... lauraincardington
              > Date: Fri Nov 2, 2007 10:04 am ((PDT))
              >
              > I was skeptical at first about the Buffy musical episode, but in the end it
              > won me over. But still, I don't know about a Torchwood musical ... for me
              > Buffy was a lot more campy, than Torchwood is. Ah well, that's my two cents.
              They could have it that there's some alien infection that causes people to
              break out in song. The big question is: Can the writers write songs ?

            • Robert DiClemente
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2007
                You are exactly right, Buffy was a bit more on the campier side than Torchwood. I watched Buffy and there were some good stories, but Torchwood hasn't slipped into the realm of camp, which Buffy sometimes did.

                I was skeptical at first about the Buffy musical episode, but in the end it won me over. But still, I don't know about a Torchwood musical ... for me Buffy was a lot more campy, than Torchwood is. Ah well, that's my two cents.
                Do You Yahoo!?
                http://mail. yahoo.com

              • Robert DiClemente
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2007
                  No, absolutely no. Please, did this happen on the X-Files? Let's keep the camp aspect out of Torchwood. The only time I want to hear a song is during the out-takes, not during the episode proper.