Jack and Torchwood

  • chocolatephysicist
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
      My first post here, and it's to ask a question.

      I know Jack rebuilt Torchwood after the destruction of the old regime
      at Torchwood 1 in London, but have they ever said how long ago that was
      supposed to be? In one episode they mentioned that Tosh was recruited
      by Torchwood three years ago, and another episode mentioned that Suzie
      had worked for Torchwood for at least two years, but they never really
      say whether that was under Jack's leadership or under the prior
      leadership before he "rebuilt" the organization. I'm just curious to
      know if they've ever said how long ago it was that Jack took over.

      Any ideas?

      CP
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
        From: chocolatephysicist <chenoa@...>

        > I know Jack rebuilt Torchwood after the destruction of the old regime
        > at Torchwood 1 in London, but have they ever said how long ago that was

        > supposed to be?

        My sense was that he meant Torchwood the organization. I think he's been in Cardiff for much longer than just a few years -- probably decades or longer. There would be no reason for them to call it Torchwood Three if it hadn't been working at the same time as other Torchwoods.

        I don't think he knew what was going on in London, though.

        -lynn
      • ankhsamonn
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
          Watching the last 3 episodes with another Jack / Doctor Who crossover
          he tells the Doctor he reinstated (can't remember exactly the word he
          used) Torchwood, the Doctor upset & says but look what they did, then
          Jack says he did it for him (The Doctor). Looks to me like Torchwood -
          run the correct way - would be a way of thanking the Doctor and
          honouring him.

          I have not watched all season 2 or 3, just the episodes with Captain
          Jack, I need to go back and watch the episodes with Torchwood in it.
          Beginning of season 3 talks about Canary Wharf battle. Slowly watching
          the episodes, so not 100% sure on this.

          Maria

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Lynn <lynnloschin@...> wrote:

          > From: chocolatephysicist <chenoa@...>
          >
          > > I know Jack rebuilt Torchwood after the destruction of the old regime
          > > at Torchwood 1 in London, but have they ever said how long ago
          that was

          > > supposed to be?
          >
          > My sense was that he meant Torchwood the organization. I think he's
          been in Cardiff for much longer than just a few years -- probably
          decades or longer. There would be no reason for them to call it
          Torchwood Three if it hadn't been working at the same time as other
          Torchwoods.

          > I don't think he knew what was going on in London, though.
          >
          > -lynn

        • tim hunt
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2007
            they said 1922 in The first torchwood eiospde I rember becasue my
            grandmother was born in 1922

            On 10/31/07, ankhsamonn <ankh@...> wrote:

            > Watching the last 3 episodes with another Jack / Doctor Who crossover
            > he tells the Doctor he reinstated (can't remember exactly the word he
            > used) Torchwood, the Doctor upset & says but look what they did, then
            > Jack says he did it for him (The Doctor). Looks to me like Torchwood -
            > run the correct way - would be a way of thanking the Doctor and
            > honouring him.
            >
            > I have not watched all season 2 or 3, just the episodes with Captain
            > Jack, I need to go back and watch the episodes with Torchwood in it.
            > Beginning of season 3 talks about Canary Wharf battle. Slowly watching
            > the episodes, so not 100% sure on this.
            >
            > Maria
            >
            > --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com <torchwood%40yahoogroups.com>, Lynn
            > <lynnloschin@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > From: chocolatephysicist <chenoa@...>
            > >
            > > > I know Jack rebuilt Torchwood after the destruction of the old regime
            > > > at Torchwood 1 in London, but have they ever said how long ago
            > that was
            > >
            > > > supposed to be?
            > >
            > > My sense was that he meant Torchwood the organization. I think he's
            > been in Cardiff for much longer than just a few years -- probably
            > decades or longer. There would be no reason for them to call it
            > Torchwood Three if it hadn't been working at the same time as other
            > Torchwoods.
            > >
            > > I don't think he knew what was going on in London, though.
            > >
            > > -lynn

          • Robert DiClemente
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
              I'm hoping, like many that this will be answered in the upcoming season of Torchwood.
              The interesting thing is that since Jack has been on Earth for quite sometime, he was probably there when Canary Warf aka Torchwood 1 was destroyed and rebuilt the new one in Cardiff. For more indepth explanations watch the last three episodes of Doctor Who from this year 2007 and I think there is some reference to Torchwood's rebirth in Cardiff.