North America Torchwood

  • John Epperson
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 25, 2007
      Being new to the group and having watch the show, I have a question.
      Maybe I missed it but can anyone tell me if there is an North American
      brach of Torchwood Institute. You know England is not the only place
      that Aliens love to visit (Roswell NW), crop circles (Northeastern
      Arkansas)happen, have several large ape-like (Bigfoot) beast roaming
      around the country side and so on. So let me know.
      John
    • Amazon X
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 25, 2007
        No, we have UNIT on this side of the Atlantic.

        Being new to the group and having watch the show, I have a question.
        Maybe I missed it but can anyone tell me if there is an North American

        brach of Torchwood Institute. You know England is not the only place
        that Aliens love to visit (Roswell NW), crop circles (Northeastern
        Arkansas)happen, have several large ape-like (Bigfoot) beast roaming
        around the country side and so on. So let me know.
        John

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • pkammotroop2000
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 25, 2007
          It's hard to say. Since Torchwood 4 went missing it just might be in
          North America.

          --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Amazon X <yankeestarbuck@...> wrote:

          > No, we have UNIT on this side of the Atlantic.

        • John Lawton
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 25, 2007
            Maybe Torchwood 4 is underneath The White House or The Pentagon.

            John

            It's hard to say. Since Torchwood 4 went missing it just might be in
            North America.

            --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Amazon X <yankeestarbuck@...> wrote:

            > No, we have UNIT on this side of the Atlantic.

          • Amazon X
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 25, 2007
              Ooooh, good one!

              It's hard to say. Since Torchwood 4 went missing it just might be in
              North America.

              --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Amazon X <yankeestarbuck@...> wrote:

              > No, we have UNIT on this side of the Atlantic.

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Mark Laffitte
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 25, 2007
                It's actually offthe coast of FLorida. IE Bermuda Triangle..... I think.. Or maybe inside Mt. Rushmore.

                Maybe Torchwood 4 is underneath The White House or The Pentagon.

                John

                It's hard to say. Since Torchwood 4 went missing it just might be in
                North America.

                --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Amazon X <yankeestarbuck@...> wrote:

                > No, we have UNIT on this side of the Atlantic.

              • badblokebob
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 26, 2007
                  Of course, as Torchwood was set up by Queen Victoria to protect Britain from alien invasion,
                  it makes complete sense that there wouldn't be a branch in North America. Ones in parts of
                  the Empire, maybe, but you lot had already gone off being all independent by then :p
                • Jenny Smith
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 26, 2007
                    --- badblokebob wrote:

                    > Of course, as Torchwood was set up by Queen Victoria
                    > to protect Britain from alien invasion,
                    > it makes complete sense that there wouldn't be a
                    > branch in North America. Ones in parts of
                    > the Empire, maybe, but you lot had already gone off
                    > being all independent by then :p

                    Uh... there is a very large bit of North America which
                    was part of the British Empire at the time: now
                    referred to as "Canada".

                    Which may well become a major power player in the C21
                    with the melting of the ice cap and the opening of the
                    North West Passage and access to the polar oil/gas
                    fields.

                    Maybe this is what Jack means about everything
                    changing in the C21.

                    I am now having flashes of "Ann of Green Gables" meets
                    Torchwood. Rather psychedelic and definitely surreal.

                    I am sure Jack would like to meet a Mountie (of either
                    sex).

                    Apologises to Elizabeth for invoking what may well be
                    the two most irritating Canadian stereotypes:- a part
                    from all those vampires in Toronto and the Immortals
                    that hang out there and in Vancouver.

                    Jenny in Wantage, UK

                    "Always the cat remains a little beyond the limits we try to set for him in our blind folly" Andre Norton

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 26, 2007
                      In a message dated 10/26/2007 3:43:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
                      > North America Torchwood
                      > Posted by: "John Epperson" asiansolo@... asiansolo
                      > Date: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:25 pm ((PDT))
                      >
                      > Being new to the group and having watch the show, I have a question.
                      > Maybe I missed it but can anyone tell me if there is an North American
                      > brach of Torchwood Institute. You know England is not the only place
                      > that Aliens love to visit (Roswell NW), crop circles (Northeastern
                      > Arkansas)happen, have several large ape-like (Bigfoot) beast roaming
                      > around the country side and so on. So let me know.
                      > John
                      Hey, England has Torchwood, USA has X-Files!! LOL

                    • john epperson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 26, 2007
                        Thank you Jenny . That was what I was trying to find
                        out, if it was possible that a section of Torchwood
                        was set up in Canada and worked with the US
                        government.
                        It does seem likely that could of happened.
                        John

                        --- Jenny Smith <orkneyvole@...> wrote:

                        > --- badblokebob wrote:
                        >
                        > > Of course, as Torchwood was set up by Queen
                        > Victoria
                        > > to protect Britain from alien invasion,
                        > > it makes complete sense that there wouldn't be a
                        > > branch in North America. Ones in parts of
                        > > the Empire, maybe, but you lot had already gone
                        > off
                        > > being all independent by then :p
                        > >

                        > Uh... there is a very large bit of North America
                        > which
                        > was part of the British Empire at the time: now
                        > referred to as "Canada".
                        >
                        > Which may well become a major power player in the
                        > C21
                        > with the melting of the ice cap and the opening of
                        > the
                        > North West Passage and access to the polar oil/gas
                        > fields.
                        >
                        > Maybe this is what Jack means about everything
                        > changing in the C21.
                        >
                        > I am now having flashes of "Ann of Green Gables"
                        > meets
                        > Torchwood. Rather psychedelic and definitely
                        > surreal.
                        >
                        > I am sure Jack would like to meet a Mountie (of
                        > either
                        > sex).
                        >
                        > Apologises to Elizabeth for invoking what may well
                        > be
                        > the two most irritating Canadian stereotypes:- a
                        > part
                        > from all those vampires in Toronto and the Immortals
                        > that hang out there and in Vancouver.
                        >

                        > Jenny in Wantage, UK
                        >
                        > "Always the cat remains a little beyond the limits
                        > we try to set for him in our blind folly" Andre
                        > Norton

                        > Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit
                        > Yahoo! For Good

                        http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html

                      • Alex Taylor
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                          I am now having flashes of "Ann of Green Gables" meets
                          Torchwood. Rather psychedelic and definitely surreal.

                          Now that would be awesome to see :D

                          On 26/10/2007, Jenny Smith <orkneyvole@...> wrote:

                          --
                          _ /\ _¸.¤**¤· .¸·¤**¤ :-)
                          \ ¸. '¤**¤ Alex T*¤

                          aim: robertdumbledore
                          googletalk: themsitressofshadows

                          Aim for the moon and if you fall short you might just land on a star

                        • Taylor401306@cs.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                            In a message dated 10/27/2007 3:42:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                            torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
                            > Thanks to everyone
                            > Posted by: "John Epperson" asiansolo@... asiansolo
                            > Date: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:14 pm ((PDT))
                            >
                            > I wish to thank everyone who answered my North America Torchwood
                            > question. Yes, I do know that Canada was at one time part of England
                            > and so was the Bahamas . What I was getting at is the possiblly that a
                            > Torchwood type organization does exist (outside the X-Files, which is
                            > governmental controled or UNIT, another controlled group) (I know this
                            > is just make believe,too) outside of England. Try and think of the
                            > Torchwood Institute as a worldwide organization combating Alien threats
                            > and we are seening just what happens in England. That addes to the show.
                            > John
                            A world -wide organization capable of combatting alien threats ? Hmm. Sounds
                            like U.N.C.L.E ( United Network Command Law Enforcement). How do we know
                            THRUSH wasn't run by aliens ?? UNCLE meets Torchwood. Sounds like some great fan
                            fiction. LOL

                          • wicked_witch_ofda_north
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                              Wouldn't it be funny if Mulder or Scully ended up in a Torchwood
                              episode? Or DD or GA were on the show as an alien couple?

                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                                I honestly think the Torchwood crew would KILL Mulder if he somehow managed his way into the Hub. And Scully would just be fascinated with Owen, I think. But even Ianto would want to SMACK Mulder around.

                                Wouldn't it be funny if Mulder or Scully ended up in a Torchwood
                                episode? Or DD or GA were on the show as an alien couple?

                                --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, Taylor401306@... wrote:

                                > In a message dated 10/26/2007 3:43:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                > torchwood@yahoogroups.com writes:
                                > > North America Torchwood
                                > > Posted by: "John Epperson" asiansolo@... asiansolo
                                > > Date: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:25 pm ((PDT))
                                > >
                                > > Being new to the group and having watch the show, I have a
                                question.
                                > > Maybe I missed it but can anyone tell me if there is an North
                                American
                                > > brach of Torchwood Institute. You know England is not the only
                                place
                                > > that Aliens love to visit (Roswell NW), crop circles
                                (Northeastern
                                > > Arkansas)happen, have several large ape-like (Bigfoot) beast
                                roaming
                                > > around the country side and so on. So let me know.
                                > > John
                                > Hey, England has Torchwood, USA has X-Files!! LOL

                                Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • Doug
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                                  I don't think Mulder would have much of a problem with Torchwood. We've
                                  already had 2 episodes that deal with Torchwoods lack of security. Owen
                                  ordering Pizzas using the name of an uberclassified organization and Ianto
                                  being able to hide a cyberbabe in there for over a year and both got off
                                  with barely a wrist slap. That just shows that Moulder could probably have a
                                  few cups of tea behind Jacks desk before anyone noticed.

                                  _____

                                  --- In torchwood@yahoogrou <mailto:torchwood%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com,

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                                    Hehe that is so true :D

                                    *sees light bulb* I so bags the idea of a TW//X-Files Fan Video :D

                                    Anyone know any songs that I could use?

                                    --
                                    _ /\ _¸.¤**¤· .¸·¤**¤ :-)
                                    \ ¸. '¤**¤ Alex T*¤

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                                      I almost want to say Joy to the World by Three Dog Night, but...oh, that would be a good one, eh?

                                      --
                                      _ /\ _¸.¤**¤· .¸·¤**¤ :-)
                                      \ ¸. '¤**¤ Alex T*¤

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 27, 2007
                                        Fraid I don't know that song. Is it any good?

                                        On 28/10/2007, Amazon X <yankeestarbuck@...> wrote:

                                        > --
                                        > _ /\ _¸.¤**¤· .¸·¤**¤ :-)
                                        > \ ¸. '¤**¤ Alex T*¤
                                        > /.· ·.\¸ .·¤**¤ ·.,·¤**

                                        > aim: robertdumbledore
                                        > googletalk: themsitressofshadows
                                        >
                                        > Aim for the moon and if you fall short you might just land on a star
                                        >
                                        > [N

                                      • Amazon X
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Oct 28, 2007
                                          Not really, but it's in an XF episode.

                                          http://lilly_g_potter.livejournal.com
                                          http://mjslsbs.insanejournal.com
                                          remuslupin_siriusblack123456@...<remuslupin_siriusblack123456%40yahoo.com.au>
                                          > aim: robertdumbledore
                                          > googletalk: themsitressofshadows
                                          >
                                          > Aim for the moon and if you fall short you might just land on a star
                                          >
                                          > [N

                                          Yahoo! Groups Links