Re:Sapphire & Steel Comes to Torchwood

  • Roslyn Lamb
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
      I remember Sapphire and Steel, and yes, that was a very scary story about the photos. (at the time - I was quite young! Joanna Lumley was one of the stars, and she's certainly still around and doing fine. She does the 'You have email' voice for aol in the UK as well as starring in a lot of comedy series. Very good actress. She used to be Purdy in The Avengers.

      Ros

    • Thomas N. Beck
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
        She was also (and is probably much better known as) Patsy in Absolutely Fabulous.

        Tom Beck

        "Well, this train carries saints and sinners/This train carries losers and winners/This train carries whores and gamblers/This train carries lost souls/This train carries broken-hearted/This train -- thieves and sweet souls departed/This train carries fools, carries kings/This train - all aboard!/I said, this train -- dreams will not be thwarted/This train -- faith will be rewarded/This train -- hear the steel wheels singing/This train -- bells of freedom ringing!" -- Bruce Springsteen, "Land of Hope and Dreams"