Re: Sarah Jane - The Latest Episode

  • orkamad
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      I haven't seen it yet.. only seen episode one (crying) STUPID COLLEGE!!!!

      --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...>
      wrote:

      > Everything I have read about 'The Sarah Jane Adventures" is that the
      > first two episodes aired last week. The third episode aired last
      > night "Eye of the Gorgon". Part 2 of the story will air next
      > Monday. From this week, there are seven weeks of showings left,
      > unless the channel airing it decides to air the final two episodes on
      > one night. The season finale should air on November 19th, three days
      > after the next new Doctor Who with Davison and Tennant.
      >
      > Essentially, 50 years ago,an archaeologist found an alien talisman in
      > Syria. It apparently is the key to a gateway that will enable an
      > alien Gorgon to return home. The talisman has been kept by the
      > archaeologist's widow who suffers from Alzheimer's at an old folk's
      > home. An order of nuns protecting the Gorgon want the Talisman. How
      > this story is resolved, it does sound a great deal like the 5th
      > Season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer where Buffy's sister Dawn was the
      > Key to demon goddess Glory returning home. Returning home would have
      > been catastrophic for this world. Letting this Gorgon return home
      > would I believe be just as catastrophic.
      >
      > What I like about this story is that the Sontarans were mentioned as
      > apparently have been causing some type of problems 50 years ago. It
      > also does put one of the main characters in deadly jeopardy. It also
      > delves more into the breakup of the marriage of Maria's parents when
      > Maria's mother comes to stay for a few days. Maria is not exactly
      > the happy kid because of it.
      >
      > The nuns are nice and menacing. Why their convent is magically next
      > to an old folk's home where the talisman is hidden may remain a
      > mystery way past the airing of next week's episode. They do pack a
      > great deal into a half hour episode and it does make me look forward
      > to next week's episode.
      >
      > BTW, I just watched it after I got up this morning.
      >
      > Dean
      > Dana Point, CA

    • badblokebob
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        wrote:

        > Everything I have read about 'The Sarah Jane Adventures" is that the
        > first two episodes aired last week. The third episode aired last
        > night "Eye of the Gorgon". Part 2 of the story will air next
        > Monday. From this week, there are seven weeks of showings left,
        > unless the channel airing it decides to air the final two episodes on
        > one night. The season finale should air on November 19th, three days
        > after the next new Doctor Who with Davison and Tennant.

        That depends where you're watching it, of course, as only the CBBC
        channel are that ahead. For those of us following it on good old BBC
        One, it's "Eye of the Gorgon" part one next week and the series won't
        end until November 26th (and, based on the BBC's form, for all we know
        there might be no episode on CBBC on November 19th. Of course, this
        is 'only' a kid's drama, not some major serial, so I can't really see
        them doing that. But still.)