Sarah Jane - The Latest Episode

  • Dean L. Kaufman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      Everything I have read about 'The Sarah Jane Adventures" is that the
      first two episodes aired last week. The third episode aired last
      night "Eye of the Gorgon". Part 2 of the story will air next
      Monday. From this week, there are seven weeks of showings left,
      unless the channel airing it decides to air the final two episodes on
      one night. The season finale should air on November 19th, three days
      after the next new Doctor Who with Davison and Tennant.

      Essentially, 50 years ago,an archaeologist found an alien talisman in
      Syria. It apparently is the key to a gateway that will enable an
      alien Gorgon to return home. The talisman has been kept by the
      archaeologist's widow who suffers from Alzheimer's at an old folk's
      home. An order of nuns protecting the Gorgon want the Talisman. How
      this story is resolved, it does sound a great deal like the 5th
      Season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer where Buffy's sister Dawn was the
      Key to demon goddess Glory returning home. Returning home would have
      been catastrophic for this world. Letting this Gorgon return home
      would I believe be just as catastrophic.

      What I like about this story is that the Sontarans were mentioned as
      apparently have been causing some type of problems 50 years ago. It
      also does put one of the main characters in deadly jeopardy. It also
      delves more into the breakup of the marriage of Maria's parents when
      Maria's mother comes to stay for a few days. Maria is not exactly
      the happy kid because of it.

      The nuns are nice and menacing. Why their convent is magically next
      to an old folk's home where the talisman is hidden may remain a
      mystery way past the airing of next week's episode. They do pack a
      great deal into a half hour episode and it does make me look forward
      to next week's episode.

      BTW, I just watched it after I got up this morning.

      Dean
      Dana Point, CA
    • orkamad
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        I haven't seen it yet.. only seen episode one (crying) STUPID COLLEGE!!!!

        --- In torchwood@yahoogroups.com, "Dean L. Kaufman" <deanlkaufman@...>
        wrote:

        > Everything I have read about 'The Sarah Jane Adventures" is that the
        > first two episodes aired last week. The third episode aired last
        > night "Eye of the Gorgon". Part 2 of the story will air next
        > Monday. From this week, there are seven weeks of showings left,
        > unless the channel airing it decides to air the final two episodes on
        > one night. The season finale should air on November 19th, three days
        > after the next new Doctor Who with Davison and Tennant.
        >
        > Essentially, 50 years ago,an archaeologist found an alien talisman in
        > Syria. It apparently is the key to a gateway that will enable an
        > alien Gorgon to return home. The talisman has been kept by the
        > archaeologist's widow who suffers from Alzheimer's at an old folk's
        > home. An order of nuns protecting the Gorgon want the Talisman. How
        > this story is resolved, it does sound a great deal like the 5th
        > Season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer where Buffy's sister Dawn was the
        > Key to demon goddess Glory returning home. Returning home would have
        > been catastrophic for this world. Letting this Gorgon return home
        > would I believe be just as catastrophic.
        >
        > What I like about this story is that the Sontarans were mentioned as
        > apparently have been causing some type of problems 50 years ago. It
        > also does put one of the main characters in deadly jeopardy. It also
        > delves more into the breakup of the marriage of Maria's parents when
        > Maria's mother comes to stay for a few days. Maria is not exactly
        > the happy kid because of it.
        >
        > The nuns are nice and menacing. Why their convent is magically next
        > to an old folk's home where the talisman is hidden may remain a
        > mystery way past the airing of next week's episode. They do pack a
        > great deal into a half hour episode and it does make me look forward
        > to next week's episode.
        >
        > BTW, I just watched it after I got up this morning.
        >
        > Dean
        > Dana Point, CA

      • badblokebob
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          wrote:

          > Everything I have read about 'The Sarah Jane Adventures" is that the
          > first two episodes aired last week. The third episode aired last
          > night "Eye of the Gorgon". Part 2 of the story will air next
          > Monday. From this week, there are seven weeks of showings left,
          > unless the channel airing it decides to air the final two episodes on
          > one night. The season finale should air on November 19th, three days
          > after the next new Doctor Who with Davison and Tennant.

          That depends where you're watching it, of course, as only the CBBC
          channel are that ahead. For those of us following it on good old BBC
          One, it's "Eye of the Gorgon" part one next week and the series won't
          end until November 26th (and, based on the BBC's form, for all we know
          there might be no episode on CBBC on November 19th. Of course, this
          is 'only' a kid's drama, not some major serial, so I can't really see
          them doing that. But still.)