Re: [torchwood] Basic First Season Torchwood Questions

  • Robert DiClemente
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Dean L. Kaufman <deanlkaufman@...>
      To: torchwood@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2007 12:23:45 AM
      Subject: [torchwood] Basic First Season Torchwood Questions

      Several weeks ago on a Thursday, people from "Torchwood" showed up to

      answer questions about the show at the San Diego Comic Convention.

      People who actually had seen or had the show already had their

      questions ignored. Had I been there, there are numerous questions I

      would have asked the people. No actors showed up to the panel.

      Reading this should in no way harm enjoyment of the show for those

      who have yet to see Torchwood. While I am sure many fans will press

      home the Gwyneth/Gwen connection to a point of absurdity, there are

      other things brought up and not answered. I am not talking about Boe

      either.

      Two other existing Torchwoods have been mentioned. One in Scotland

      and another that went missing, that Captain Jack hopes to find

      again. Is the audience going to see any sign of any of these

      mentioned Torchwoods?
      None of the other Torchwoods will be seen in the series.

      Captain Jack worked for the Time Agency. Are we ever going to see

      any sign of them loking for him?
      Not yet.

      What is Captain Jack's real name?
      None given at this point, though if you haven't seen the Last of the Timelords, I won't spoil it for ya.

      Are we going to see flashbacks of what Captain Jack was up to going

      back to 1869?

      No.

      Captain Jack knew the Doctor was in 1940's London and also Cardiff

      when the Slytheen became Mayor? Why did he not try and contact the

      Doctor then?
      Well that's depending on when. Initially, he wouldn't have know anything about the Doctor until he met him and then, he'd have to wait to meet him, but I think you find that answer in either Utopia, The Sound of Drums or Last of the Timelords.

      Have we seen the last of super-villain, Billis Manger?
      I hope not, but I'd have to rewatch Captain Jack Harkness and End of Days.

      The pterodactyl came out of the rift. How did it get domesticated?

      What is its name? As it is onbly really used in "Cyberwoman" , are we

      going to see it put to more usage in the second series?
      In order of your questions:

      Very carefully.
      Who knows.
      Wait and see, the new series airs in 2008.

      The main Torchwood was destroyed by Daleks and Cybermen. Did anybody

      else from Torchwood 1 survive?
      I don't think so, but that will be answered in TORCHWOOD

      If Torchwood 1 was destroyed, who does Captain Jack and the other

      report to?

      Anybody? I can't remember, maybe it's just them.

      Who funds Torchwood to keep it going and signing the paychecks?
      No idea.

      Is the fact that the secret entrance to Torchwood is a well-known

      landmark now interfering with day-to-day activities of people by the

      Millenium Center in Cardiff of fans trying to find the secret

      entrance?
      Yes.

      Torchwood has another entrance of a tourist center for travelers

      visiting Cardiff. Are we going to see more of the center in

      operation with Torchwood fending off tourists?
      Hopefully.

      If Torchwood is leeching its power and electricity from neighboring

      businesses, wouldn't somebody notice and trace where the extra

      electricity was going?
      It's cleverly disguised as a power outage/overflow. Just making that bit up.

      Is the Torchwood SUV also being hidden by a perception filter when

      it's parked?
      No, I think that's only when the Doctor is around. There's never been any mention of the perception filter in Torchwood.

      Is the other resurrection glove going to put in an appearance?
      If RTD has anything to do with, it will.

      How far-ranging is the mutation process that has made Captain Jack

      almost immortal?
      Ask Rose or maybe the Doctor could explain.

      On BBC America, two to three minutes are being cut out of every

      Torchwood episode for what exactly? Language? Content? Time?
      Probably language will be bleeped, but mostly time and hopefully not too much content.

      Is there any channel in the US where Torchwood will ever show uncut?
      OnDemand should be showing uncut, at least Comcast OnDemand is going to do that.

      Does Torchwood have plans to bring in old enemies of the Doctor in

      future episodes?
      I hope not, Torchwood is it's own show and should be able to have it's own enemies without the help of Doctor Who.

      Will there be any crossovers between Torchwood and the upcoming The

      Sarah Jane Adventures?
      No. I think this has been confirmed through RTD.

      Toshi met the Doctor. Is that meeting ever going to be brought up

      again?

      Not in the current series, though, well, I won't spoil that bit of info, but someone will be making their acquaintance, but not the Doctor.

      There were posters for voting for Saxon in a Torchwood episode. Are we going to see more references to what is planned for Who in future episodes of Torchwood?
      Possibly, but that's up to the writers.

      Short of Martha Jones joining Torchwood for three episodes next

      season, are there more crossovers planned between Doctor Who and

      Torchwood?

      No. I pretty sure that Martha is it. Watch Last of the Timelords to find out why.

      Jack keeps saying that this century "Everything Changes". Are we

      going to see signs of what the heck he is talking about?
      Yes.

      Are the Torchwood gang now getting major requests to do US

      conventions?
      Can't answer that, but it would be nice if they could do them.

      Is Freema Agyeman's name being added to the opening title sequence of

      the main Torchwood actors for her three episodes next year?

      I have no idea, but check the credits in 2008.

      Did Captain Jack meet himself in the 1940's where he knew he would be?
      Don't know.

      Weevils are dressed in leather jackets indicating that either

      somebody is dressing them or they are humans who have been

      transformed into Weevils. Will we get an explanation as what the

      Weevils are really about?

      Hopefully, but I think you get some explanation in Torchwood.

      Is Jack going to try and fix his vortex manipulator?
      Maybe.

      Did Rose bring any other victim of the Daleks back to life like Lynda?
      Just Jack....hee hee, no pun intended.

      Now that Captain Jack knows what happened to Rose, is he going to use

      that knowledge to try and say hello to her universe?
      Who knows, but I wouldn't be surprised if he tries.

      By the way, my favorite Torchwood so far is Greeks Bearing Gifts.
      I liked Small Worlds and Captain Jack Harkness, the latter being my favorite episode.

      All for now. Let me know if you have any answers to these questions.

      Dean

      Dana Point, CA

    • Daren
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
        There has never been any mention of when TORCHWOOD 3 was built so it's entirely possible for the events of Dr Who's Boom Town to have taken place entirely in front of the entrance of TORCHWOOD with one Jack watching the other Jack from inside the Hub on CCTV

        Daren

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2007
          Daren <twoshedsluxury@...> wrote: There has never been any mention of when TORCHWOOD 3 was built so it's entirely possible for the events of Dr Who's Boom Town to have taken place entirely in front of the entrance of TORCHWOOD with one Jack watching the other Jack from inside the Hub on CCTV

          Daren

          SPOILERS FROM THE SOUND OF DRUMS

          SPOILERS

          SPOILERS