RE: [torchwood] Digest Number 679

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
      At 04:43 AM 9/5/2007, Davage, Marcus mentioned:
      >>Toshi met the Doctor. Is that meeting ever going to be brought up again?
      >
      >What makes you say that? The character who plays Toshi played a
      >medic in "Aliens of London." Toshi is not a medic. Toshi did not
      >meet the Doctor. Look - we only have a finite number of acting
      >resources in the UK, which is why you see actors reappearing in
      >Doctor Who/Torchwood all the time. Ever heared of Colin Baker, you
      >know, the one who played Commander Maxil of the Time Lords, the one
      >who played The Doctor? Are you going to ask, "Did Peter Davison's
      >regeneration of Commander Maxil meet Colin Baker's regeneration of the Doctor?"

      I agreed with virtually all your answers but I have to comment on this.

      RTD has said that the character portrayed by Naoko Mori - Dr. Sato in
      "Doctor Who: Aliens of London (#1.4)" and Toshiko Sato in TW are the
      same character. It is quite possible for people have degrees in more
      than one area of science. Like Owen, it would appear that Tosh (and
      there is no 'i' in the nickname) does have a medical degree and while
      Owen still uses his degree (though not as a 'practicing physician due
      to the desire not to interact with patients), Tosh no longer
      practices medicine but concentrates on computers and other high tech items.