RE: [torchwood] Digest Number 679

  • Davage, Marcus
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
      To answer some of your questions...

      >Captain Jack knew the Doctor was in 1940's London and also Cardiff
      >when the Slytheen became Mayor? Why did he not try and contact the
      >Doctor then?

      Slitheen (sp.) To quote the Doctor in "Blink," "Timey-wimey" stuff.
      Don't muck around with the time-lines.

      >Is the fact that the secret entrance to Torchwood is a well-known
      >landmark now interfering with day-to-day activities of people by the
      >Millenium Center in Cardiff of fans trying to find the secret
      >entrance?

      Why should it? I live in Cardiff, and although fans do queue up to have
      their photos taken by the waterfall and outside the Wales Millennium Centre
      (sp.), tourism can only bring in the bucks, right?

      >Torchwood has another entrance of a tourist center for travelers
      >visiting Cardiff. Are we going to see more of the center in
      >operation with Torchwood fending off tourists?

      To use an American aphorism, what kind of "dumbass" question is that. Ask
      RTD.

      >If Torchwood is leeching its power and electricity from neighboring
      >businesses, wouldn't somebody notice and trace where the extra
      >electricity was going?

      As I mentioned earlier, living in Cardiff, Torchwood and its power
      consumption has only served to solve the question of why our utility bills
      are generally so high. It's paid for by everyone else in the neighbourhood
      (sp.).

      >How far-ranging is the mutation process that has made Captain Jack
      >almost immortal?

      Not that far-ranging. After all, he does eventually die in "Gridlock",
      doesn't he?

      >Will there be any crossovers between Torchwood and the upcoming The
      >Sarah Jane Adventures?

      Yeah. I can really see that. Blood, guts, sex, swearing and queers on
      Children's BBC!

      >Toshi met the Doctor. Is that meeting ever going to be brought up
      >again?

      What makes you say that? The character who plays Toshi played a medic in
      "Aliens of London." Toshi is not a medic. Toshi did not meet the Doctor.
      Look - we only have a finite number of acting resources in the UK, which is
      why you see actors reappearing in Doctor Who/Torchwood all the time. Ever
      heared of Colin Baker, you know, the one who played Commander Maxil of the
      Time Lords, the one who played The Doctor? Are you going to ask, "Did Peter
      Davison's regeneration of Commander Maxil meet Colin Baker's regeneration of
      the Doctor?"

      >Jack keeps saying that this century "Everything Changes". Are we
      >going to see signs of what the heck he is talking about?

      Yes. Everything is already changing. Have you seen the cranes in the
      background of Cardiff. Lots of development going on. Want to buy a flat down
      the bay next to John and Craig?

      This e-mail is only for the above addressees. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
      If you are not an addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in
      it or any attachments. If you have received it in error please notify the sender and delete it
      immediately.

      Lloyds TSB Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in
      England and Wales, number 2065. Telephone: 020 7626 1500.
      Lloyds TSB Scotland plc. Registered office: Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street, Edinburgh
      EH2 4LH. Registered in Scotland, number 95237. Telephone: 0131 225 4555.
      Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered office: Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in
      England and Wales, number 2299428. Telephone: 01452 372372.

      Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Lloyds TSB Scotland plc and Cheltenham & Gloucester plc are authorised
      and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and are signatories to the Banking Codes.

      Lloyds TSB Bank plc and Lloyds TSB Scotland plc represent only the Scottish Widows and Lloyds
      TSB Marketing Group for life assurance, pensions and investment business.
      Cheltenham & Gloucester plc acts as an introducer only for life assurance, pensions and
      investment business.

      Lloyds TSB Group plc. Registered office: Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street, Edinburgh
      EH2 4LH. Registered in Scotland, number 95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
        At 04:43 AM 9/5/2007, Davage, Marcus mentioned:
        >>Toshi met the Doctor. Is that meeting ever going to be brought up again?
        >
        >What makes you say that? The character who plays Toshi played a
        >medic in "Aliens of London." Toshi is not a medic. Toshi did not
        >meet the Doctor. Look - we only have a finite number of acting
        >resources in the UK, which is why you see actors reappearing in
        >Doctor Who/Torchwood all the time. Ever heared of Colin Baker, you
        >know, the one who played Commander Maxil of the Time Lords, the one
        >who played The Doctor? Are you going to ask, "Did Peter Davison's
        >regeneration of Commander Maxil meet Colin Baker's regeneration of the Doctor?"

        I agreed with virtually all your answers but I have to comment on this.

        RTD has said that the character portrayed by Naoko Mori - Dr. Sato in
        "Doctor Who: Aliens of London (#1.4)" and Toshiko Sato in TW are the
        same character. It is quite possible for people have degrees in more
        than one area of science. Like Owen, it would appear that Tosh (and
        there is no 'i' in the nickname) does have a medical degree and while
        Owen still uses his degree (though not as a 'practicing physician due
        to the desire not to interact with patients), Tosh no longer
        practices medicine but concentrates on computers and other high tech items.